If I Were Asked to Leave my Captive Agency Today...

As you stick around, you'll begin to understand the nature and characteristics of various firms.

I know the difference between LPL, NMFN, and most others.

If he's a recent intern, then he's working under another advisor at LPL. LPL only caters to experienced financial advisors with significant production.

I suppose he knew exactly what he wanted and stayed focused on it.

He was with NMFN and had about 3 mil AUM when he left for LPL, he is independent with LPL

AIL might've been a mistake, but now you're trying to find a road to better things.

Exactly. This is where I am at now.

Look, I went through the entire interview process with Edward Jones about 10 years ago. I went all the way through the phone interview, a sample door-to-door survey, and an interview with an existing advisor. I still wasn't chosen or hired. And the process took a good 2-3 weeks.

So, just because you have a "phone screen"... doesn't mean that you have anything to go on.

I know this, that's why I'm so sad about seemingly having burned a bridge with Ben. One that I definitely didnt want to!!
If you're really nervous about making a good decision sooner, I'd probably look into getting some E&O, get a contract, put your head down... and get to work.

Yeah for sure. I CAN do it, I just need to be shown HOW..

Analysis paralysis, it's a thing with me. That's one of the reasons I left my accounting job to move to Memphis, that's why I got hired into AIL so quick. I wanted to stop being over analytical... So I just did things. I just got my license, I just started setting appointments, I sold a few policies, but after a month or two I realized supplemental stuff wasn't for me.

Waddell and Reed reached out to me, but DHK and the reviews on other websites have pretty talked me out of that one.

Now I'm open to 360 Financial, if Ben can forgive me for the huge mis-communication, or Edward Jones, if I complete the interview process.

Is that good with everyone? Can we all get on the same page? :D

EJ is going to be a long tough road, but worth it if you can hang in there. 360 you will flame out or make it a lot quicker, and be you will be your own boss.

In summary: you can F U money at EJ, if you are 1 in 1000, or you be above average and hard working and easily make 80k plus at 360.

Gotcha. Well it seems to be rather cheap to get started in FE from what I've learned in this thread.

I'm at that pivotal point in my career where I'm looking for something I can really get behind. I don't have money because I'm frugal as **** but that doesn't mean I couldn't make money to make it work whether I have to beg for it, ask for it, or take out a small loan.

I actually think if I could learn Life and Health then try to dabble in getting my securities, or "professional handcuffs" as DHK says, then I can. But I'm all over the place right now with what I want to do Versus what I need to do.

I came in spouting off all my random thoughts hoping for help. The good people who seem to actually care are still Wino, Twilight, and DHK. In my mind they view me as they should, a young up and comer wanna-be in the industry with no "jedi master" to counsel me. They are doing their best, but ultimately it's going to come down to what I discuss with my fiance and what I decide for myself.

I mean why would I not ask for the best reasons TO go with EJ and the best reasons NOT to go with EJ before I actually commit!?

I watched my uncle have a very successful career at Farm Bureau and I didn't sync up with Northwestern when I did an Internship. Maybe American Income would have been good if I was "Drop anywhere good"

But I'll say it again, I'm not going to give up on a career in financial services whether it's insurance, investments, or both...

You don't want to dabble in securities....you don't know what you don't know.

Back