Kentucky Bourbon Anyone?

In 2012, a Western PA man was hired to house sit a mansion. It was built a century ago by an industrialist who stockpiled multiple cases of rye whiskey right before prohibition hit. The people who bought the home found it, but so did the caretaker who had a serious drinking problem. He managed to go through 4 cases conservatively estimated to be worth 100 grand.:jiggy: He denied it, but DNA evidence proved otherwise (he was gulping that vintage hooch right out of the bottle).:D He was tried and convicted but died before sentencing.:sad:

p.s.- What's the big deal with this Pappy Van Winkle? Anybody had it? Is it really that superior to say, Maker's Mark?

In 2012, a Western PA man was hired to house sit a mansion. It was built a century ago by an industrialist who stockpiled multiple cases of rye whiskey right before prohibition hit. The people who bought the home found it, but so did the caretaker who had a serious drinking problem. He managed to go through 4 cases conservatively estimated to be worth 100 grand.:jiggy: He denied it, but DNA evidence proved otherwise (he was gulping that vintage hooch right out of the bottle).:D He was tried and convicted but died before sentencing.:sad:

p.s.- What's the big deal with this Pappy Van Winkle? Anybody had it? Is it really that superior to say, Maker's Mark?

I'm a Maker's fan mostly but I prefer Woodford Reserve a bit over Maker's.

I've only had a shot or two of Pappy Van Winkle, {when someone else is buying:)}, and it's noticeably better. That should the only way to drink it. Mixing it is a crime! Or should be.;)

The short answer...yes

The long answer...is XO better than a VS? Is a 30 year old scotch(MaCallan) vs a 10 year scotch(MaCallan)? What about Mr Boston vodka VS Ketel One?

YES.

I've only had a shot or two of Pappy Van Winkle, {when someone else is buying:)}, and it's noticeably better. That should the only way to drink it. Mixing it is a crime! Or should be.;)

You should have had these guys as neighbors.. They might could have kicked in a bottle or two for you.. :yes:

----------

The short answer...yes

The long answer...is XO better than a VS? Is a 30 year old scotch(MaCallan) vs a 10 year scotch(MaCallan)? What about Mr Boston vodka VS Ketel One?

YES.

Sounds as if you might know what you are talking about from personal experience...:)

Back