Lighting a Fire Under Your Prospects.

Definitely agree with Gooner on the fighting part. It is a sign something went wrong along the way.:err: If you are fighting at the end, it is an uphill battle at best.

Sounds like your manager is trying to light a fire under you to make sales by any means necessary.

Learn to ask questions that open up the discussion and allow your prospect to reveal how they feel about their needs and ways to solve the problem.

I have recommended this book before. You might find Secrets of Question Based Selling to be of benefit.

Jeffrey Gitomer says "People hate to be sold but they love to buy".

Show them how to buy.

When I started in the life insurance business it was all canned sales pitches (which never work). But one thing that did sink in was this.

Find the need, find the money.

If you can't help them find the need for your product, no sale.

If they find the need but can't afford it, no sale.

If you are not qualifying your prospect on the phone, pressing for an appointment is a waste of time. Yours and theirs.

Same for any objections that come up.

I'm gonna have to politely disagree about qualifying on the phone with fe leads. Do you sell fe full time? No you don't, here is the skinny, never ever ever qualify an fe lead on the phone, just set the appt and get in front of them, I can't tell you the number of times when my appt setter thought the appt was a dud but I walked out with 5 apps and $2000 ap, you just never know so the name of the game for any fe agent is see the leads see the leads see the leads, forget qualifying on the phone.

You are right JG, I don't sell FE.

I also don't sell F2F, but I know people who sell FE by phone and are successful. I don't know for sure but I suspect they know how to qualify people by phone.

I'm gonna have to politely disagree about qualifying on the phone with fe leads. Do you sell fe full time? No you don't, here is the skinny, never ever ever qualify an fe lead on the phone, just set the appt and get in front of them, I can't tell you the number of times when my appt setter thought the appt was a dud but I walked out with 5 apps and $2000 ap, you just never know so the name of the game for any fe agent is see the leads see the leads see the leads, forget qualifying on the phone.

"politely?" ... What have you done with the real John Galt? :skeptical:

Clues your FE presentation is not going to end well.

1. Your need/want is greater than their need/want.
2. Your urgency is greater than their urgency.
3. Your bank account is smaller than their bank account.

Back