Lighting a Fire Under Your Prospects.

You are right JG, I don't sell FE.

I also don't sell F2F, but I know people who sell FE by phone and are successful. I don't know for sure but I suspect they know how to qualify people by phone.

And their business falls off the books in 3 months because a f2f agent replaces them....all the time.

You are right JG, I don't sell FE.

I also don't sell F2F, but I know people who sell FE by phone and are successful. I don't know for sure but I suspect they know how to qualify people by phone.

By the way, the OP was asking in reference to F2F sales and meetings and FE in general, not phone sales.

Great replies here guys. Thanks for the advice.

Really?

Seemed most replies (while somewhat constructive and sound) were premised as following an objection during a presentation. Your initial question, however, was inquiring about presentation attainment. Also, fire your manager.

-k,r

Really? Seemed most replies (while somewhat constructive and sound) were premised as following an objection during a presentation. Your initial question, however, was inquiring about presentation attainment. Also, fire your manager. -k,r

Glad you felt obligated to contribute.

And their business falls off the books in 3 months because a f2f agent replaces them....all the time.

Yup. And seniors do not use cell phones, text or even own a computer. Much less request quotes online. Or buy SIWL if income is over $36,000. DM leads are the only thing that works....teleleads or internet leads? Ah, No!.......oh wait, that was last year. ;)

Yup. And seniors do not use cell phones, text or even own a computer. Much less request quotes online. Or buy SIWL if income is over $36,000. DM leads are the only thing that works....teleleads or internet leads? Ah, No!.......oh wait, that was last year. ;)

Spoken like a true "insurance man", not a "FE agent":D:D

John, I do acknowledge there are differences in selling FE vs other products. But when objections are coming up during the "close" it is because of one or more issues that transcend all product lines.

1 - You don't have a qualified prospect
2 - You failed to connect with the prospect
3 - You failed to understand what the prospect wants
4 - Your prospect does not trust you (similar, but different from #2)
5 - Your prospect does not agree with your proposed solution (similar, but different from #4)

There are other variations on the above but it all boils down to having a qualified prospect and establishing trust.

We will have to disagree on the sticking power of phone vs F2F since I have done both for years and most of my sales the last 20 years have been by phone. I rarely lose an existing client to another agent even when someone comes in behind me with the current hot rate.

Perhaps it is because I establish a relationship of trust with my clients.

I am sure you are very successful at what you do and I won't attempt to take anything away from that. We just approach our business in different ways and use methods that are successful for our personality.

And one other difference.

Some people will buy over the phone because they don't want a stranger in their home trying to sell them something, while others feel more comfortable with a live human vs a voice on the phone.

Enjoy the holidays my friend.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back