Looks Like Tommy Overton is no longer with SNL

SNL is a very, very difficult company to deal with. They haven't gotten better since he left so I don't think he can be blamed for their problems.

Wow, you surprise me. I've always had good luck with SNL, never a problem. They have become my go-to carrier for FE.

Wow, you surprise me. I've always had good luck with SNL, never a problem. They have become my go-to carrier for FE.

No BoB at their site. The agent can't update client address or phone numbers unless the client is on the phone too. The agent can't get the cash values for annual reviews unless the client is on the line too. The agent cannot find out loan availability unless the client is on the line too. They will not redraft a missed payment with only the agent's direction. The agent cannot stop a draft or suspend a draft. Once an app is submitted it's like the agent is out of the picture.

They consider most maintenance meds as treatment. And lastly, and most importantly, their rates are just too high. And they don't commission the policy fee. (They aren't alone on that. But it adds to their negatives).

Oh yeah, they don't send a policy until 2 or 3 weeks after the initial draft.

And they have no intentions of changing any of these problems. I sent a long email to TO a few years ago about all of this. His reply was that this is how we do things and we will continue on this path.

I find Trans to be easier to deal with than SNL. And most consider Trans the bottom of the barrel. But at least Trans has a BoB. Trans allows the agent to make address and phone number changes with a phone call or an email. The cash values are available, and printable, at the website. That's not special with Trans. Almost everyone I write I can do these things. Only SNL I can't.

If those things don't matter then write them as a goto. I see you are in Tn. Many, many more options in Tn.

Last edited:
No BoB at their site. The agent can't update client address or phone numbers unless the client is on the phone too. The agent can't get the cash values for annual reviews unless the client is on the line too. The agent cannot find out loan availability unless the client is on the line too. They will not redraft a missed payment with only the agent's direction. The agent cannot stop a draft or suspend a draft. Once an app is submitted it's like the agent is out of the picture.

They consider most maintenance meds as treatment. And lastly, and most importantly, their rates are just too high. And they don't commission the policy fee. (They aren't alone on that. But it adds to their negatives).

Oh yeah, they don't send a policy until 2 or 3 weeks after the initial draft.

And they have no intentions of changing any of these problems. I sent a long email to TO a few years ago about all of this. His reply was that this is how we do things and we will continue on this path.

I find Trans to be easier to deal with than SNL. And most consider Trans the bottom of the barrel. But at least Trans has a BoB. Trans allows the agent to make address and phone number changes with a phone call or an email. The cash values are available, and printable, at the website. That's not special with Trans. Almost everyone I write I can do these things. Only SNL I can't.

If those things don't matter then write them as a goto. I see you are in Tn. Many, many more options in Tn.
Plus, you have to agree to new contract language every year by signing into the website. One year they added a provision that you only received vested commissions as long as there were 20 policies in force.

Plus, you have to agree to new contract language every year by signing into the website. One year they added a provision that you only received vested commissions as long as there were 20 policies in force.

I don’t remember that part. But they do change the contract often and put in some very restrictive language.

I think you said another company did that too, was it CFG?
Yeah, CFG had it for their FE and now have it for all products but they were out in the open about it. With SNL, it was slipped in on one of the annual updates that you had to agree to in order to sign in to the website. Most agents would never notice it iif they didn't take time to read the contract.

Back