Need and FEX agent

When I took LEADS from our XM satellite source, I was getting paid 40%. The comp was only about 90 to 100 on Term. I was able to write 1,000,000+ in business each year for 10+ years all while earning the 40% you laugh at. The leads were free. But you keyboard warriors just sit here and laugh, but you have no clue how to run a successful business. Any schmuck off the street can get an insurance license and write a few final expense policies. Final Expense is only a small sample size of what I do but I still write over 250,000 a year with it. The funny thing is you sit here and type but you can’t even afford the leads that I buy that my agents get for free. Maybe you guys get the free toaster for commenting on as many threads as you can.

You simply don’t know what you don’t know.

When I took LEADS from our XM satellite source, I was getting paid 40%. The comp was only about 90 to 100 on Term. I was able to write 1,000,000+ in business each year for 10+ years all while earning the 40% you laugh at. The leads were free. But you keyboard warriors just sit here and laugh, but you have no clue how to run a successful business. Any schmuck off the street can get an insurance license and write a few final expense policies. Final Expense is only a small sample size of what I do but I still write over 250,000 a year with it. The funny thing is you sit here and type but you can’t even afford the leads that I buy that my agents get for free. Maybe you guys get the free toaster for commenting on as many threads as you can.

Just to clarify... $250k FE on your own pen, and that's a small percentage of your total production?

Correct $250k (personal production) on FE but term and UL is the main focus. $250k on FE is not even that much compared to some people I know. I have 2 agent that write about 170 ish each and they are on the 60/40 split. I am 44 got licensed in 2003 and went to work with a family friend who was there in the beginning when internet leads became a thing. Taught me telesales and have been doing it ever since. Never met a client a day in my life all telesales. I remember when I first started we had a deal with the American medical association, and I was literally faxing doctors about 50 times a day. It was actually crazy the business we got from that. Obviously those times have passed but still a great experience. If you guys want to laugh, I remember the first type of lead vendors we started working with. They were ileads, insurancequotes.com, etc. I don’t even know if those places are still around. We develop and generate our own leads. We do use one source that supplies leads that are here locally that have been pretty decent but if you want good LEADS, you need to be in control not depending on these lead companies. And I apologize there’s any typos I just had rotator cuff surgery so I’m speaking this and sometimes Siri gets it wrong.

What you don't get it that you are really presenting a "captive" type of pay to independent agents. Most of us have been through this type of stuff and we know that you are the one that comes out smelling like a rose, not necessarily the writing agent. We have an independent mentality. You have a captive mentality. Not saying there is anything wrong with either, just a different mindset.

Funny how you make assumptions that we can't afford the leads you buy for your agents. My question is, how do you know what all of us make? Is it a crystal ball that you use or are you the CFO for every insurance company out there? Or maybe it was just a WAG?

Correct $250k (personal production) on FE but term and UL is the main focus. $250k on FE is not even that much compared to some people I know. I have 2 agent that write about 170 ish each and they are on the 60/40 split....
Let me make sure I understand fully...
You have not only one, but two brilliant agents who are on 40% commission, producing 170k each, right? Yet, neither is intelligent enough to figure out that they are paying you $102,000 each, for "free leads", only to earn $68,000? Yes, No, or Maybe?

Last edited:
You have not only one, but two brilliant agents who are on 40% commission, producing 170k each, right? Yet, both lack the intellect to figure out they are paying you $102k for "free leads", just to earn $68,000? Yes, No, or Maybe?

You must be broke??:D

You have not only one, but two brilliant agents who are on 40% commission, producing 170k each, right? Yet, neither is intelligent enough to figure out that they are paying you $102,000 each, for "free leads", only to earn $68,000? Yes, No, or Maybe?

Almost seems as if OP isn't being entirely truthful...

Almost seems as if OP isn't being entirely truthful...
I can’t comment on his truthfulness. It just seems to me that the more an agent produces, the less likely they are to agree with this arrangement. It doesn’t make sense to anyone who has responded to his post, and there have been some big producers responding.

Back