New Commsion Rate Drop

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
Here is the email I recieved

Subj: Pacificare/Golden Rule sales in CA

Effective immediately, GR/UHC/Pacificare has reduced commissions for the sale of individual major medical in the state of CA to 4% to GAs.
The actions taken for the state of CA does not portend to what may be forthcoming for other states.

Please disseminate immediately to your downline.

At $160 average cost to acquire a client most will be out of business with health....

I have never sold in CA - what is the current street level commission for agents selling UHC in CA???

I have never sold in CA - what is the current street level commission for agents selling UHC in CA???

UHC does not offer individual products in CA. They run it through PacifiCare (which they bought a few years ago).

Current street with PacifiCare is 20/10 like most of the rest. BTW current street Cigna IFP CA is 20/5.

Dave you are correct. As far why the drop in comp if they haven't calculated the MLR, I have no I just received the email. I haven't sold in California in two years. I just thought I pass on the email I recieved.

Unless they are the only carrier in the country that has received communication from HHS as to how to calculate the MLR's this has no logic to it.

Effective immediately, GR/UHC/Pacificare has reduced commissions for the sale of individual major medical in the state of CA to 4% to GAs.

Wow, what a drop. If 4% is the GAs commission level, the commission level to an agent would probably be 2%. No agent can make a living at those levels.

Anyone else receive this email? Can someone post the actual email. This seems unlikely and will certainly not be the trend of other carriers at that low of a level.

Back