New Commsion Rate Drop

"Remember, people, we all gotta stick together, keep each other warm and always keeping ridin' the storm out"...........

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling other states will be different. GR doesn't sell in Ca. I see 6%-14% but of course I have no idea.

Barber, if available is worth taking in the 5th round as your 3RB. Felix will get carries but Barber will still be very active.

Well when Golden Rule tells GAs across the country to take 4%, if this happens, it will be VERY interesting. Can't wait.

Well when Golden Rule tells GAs across the country to take 4%, if this happens, it will be VERY interesting. Can't wait.

Did I misread the letter?

I didn't see where it said that the 4% commission was the GA over ride, it looked to be the total comp offered to agents.

I don't sell in CA, that's why I asked Rick... I don't know how things are "up" in your state either.

I've never sold a PacfiCare IFP plan and rarely use them for small group.

This doesn't affect me but I think it's obvious that moving forward, many of us will have to re-focus our efforts into other areas of insurance.

For some, asking the question "Do you want fries with your burger" will be their new occupation.

Rick

What will we have to talk about when we do actually find out what we are going to be paid???

Just for the reason that when you write a deal today through any carrier (except obviously Pacificare) you don't know what your first year compensation will be, you should already be either cross selling or into another line.

It affects agents a bit less who have a large amount of savings or a working spouse capable of paying the bills.

Is this just for a select few plans from AMS?

Is Pacific care which is owned by UHC shifting sales for IFP to Golden Rule?

If I was in Cali I would be asking a lot of questions right now.

Is this just for a select few plans from AMS?

Is Pacific care which is owned by UHC shifting sales for IFP to Golden Rule?

If I was in Cali I would be asking a lot of questions right now.

Why? Only rookie agents sell their IFP crap. This is the same company pre-UHC that offered direct sales policies for IFP reduced by the 10% commission rate. So you could use an agent or save 10% and buy direct. Also the same company that sells plans through Costco.

Obviously they have never placed any value on the independent producer.

When Anthem does it or Blue Shield CA, then I will have some questions.

Last edited:
Why? Only rookie agents sell their IFP crap. This is the same company pre-UHC that offered direct sales policies for IFP reduced by the 10% commission rate. So you could use an agent or save 10% and buy direct. Also the same company that sells plans through Costco.

Obviously they have never placed any value on the independent producer.

When Anthem does it or Blue Shield CA, then I will have some questions.

I though IFP stands for "Individual family plans"?

I must be missing something here.

I sold for AMS back in the days before Pacific care bought them. They were a nice mutual company based out of Wis.
At the time I had a nice block of small group with them and wrote a good about of individual policies.
The mergers changed all of that.

So what does IFP stand for?

Back