new to the game of final expense

Following
Good thread for another new guy like me to follow....
I have some friends who work with Lincoln up north and they love it...
Not sold on it still performing my due diligence, although the fact they provide their office with leads upfront is definitely a plus when just starting out it would seem....

Following
Good thread for another new guy like me to follow....
I have some friends who work with Lincoln up north and they love it...
Not sold on it still performing my due diligence, although the fact they provide their office with leads upfront is definitely a plus when just starting out it would seem....

You think it's a plus until you have to pay for those overpriced leads. Of course, if you are new you wouldn't know that they are overpriced.

You see, that's how they draw you in as a new agent with no money. Once you're in there you will almost immediately have a debit balance with them and you won't get away from them without them reporting you to Vector.

If you believe in yourself, then act like a business owner and put those leads on a credit card.

It is either that advice or to go on an all Bacon Diet that is the dumbest advice I have ever read in this forum.

I would never advise someone like you to do that. I'm only talking about an agent that actually has a chance of selling something.

So you think it's bad advice when the other way around gets them expensive leads that they still owe on and will tie them down to LH so that they can't go somewhere else without getting Vectored? Is that they advice you would give to them?

Of course, I've never seen you give an ounce of good advice yet, so I don't see why this time would be any different.

I would never advise someone like you to do that. I'm only talking about an agent that actually has a chance of selling something.

So you think it's bad advice when the other way around gets them expensive leads that they still owe on and will tie them down to LH so that they can't go somewhere else without getting Vectored? Is that they advice you would give to them?

Of course, I've never seen you give an ounce of good advice yet, so I don't see why this time would be any different.

Don't play dumb. At least we hope you are playing! Everybody knows that it is a bad bet for any rookie broke agent to start buying leads with their credit card. At least 9 out of 10 of those people are almost guaranteed to end up in more financial straits then when they started. Now stop dumbing us down.

Don't play dumb. At least we hope you are playing! Everybody knows that it is a bad bet for any rookie broke agent to start buying leads with their credit card. At least 9 out of 10 of those people are almost guaranteed to end up in more financial straits then when they started. Now stop dumbing us down.

If that is the case then that means they will never make it anywhere unless they are given free leads because you're saying they will never be able to pay it back.

See, this is the problem with many of the agents that think they want to go independent too. They are afraid to put anything on the CC for fear of failure. They are afraid to put some skin in the game too. You are just feeding that fear.

If that is the case then that means they will never make it anywhere unless they are given free leads because you're saying they will never be able to pay it back.

See, this is the problem with many of the agents that think they want to go independent too. They are afraid to put anything on the CC for fear of failure. They are afraid to put some skin in the game too. You are just feeding that fear.

Ah yes "skin in the game" he says. Generally speaking in life, it is almost always terminally stupid in life to take risks encouraged by someone who has something to gain if you succeed but nothing to lose if you fail.

Buying a tageted data list is an alternative for those that may not have money to invest in leads. Spend $50 and it'll keep them busy doing their own telemarketing and door knocking. Or in spite of what Bobby Knight says, you can do good old fashioned cold door knocking. It depends on how bad they want it.

Buying a tageted data list is an alternative for those that may not have money to invest in leads. Spend $50 and it'll keep them busy doing their own telemarketing and door knocking. Or in spite of what Bobby Knight says, you can do good old fashioned cold door knocking. It depends on how bad they want it.

I absolutely agree with you. Either way, you work more or you pay more, but you're not getting something for free.

Back