new to the game of final expense

Entering the industry and calling it the "insurance game" is a clear sign of someone doomed to failure.

This is a business of helping people while getting paid for our expertise. It's not a game.

Rick

ok maybe if i had a personality like you i would be doomed but i am vibrant and out going. i am understanding and compationate. i have forced out some tears when i hear a really sad story and you know what people are throwing their check books at me. i am in month 2 ever selling anything and ive sole 19,000 in ap and 40 policies so i dont think your enpending doom is coming this way anytime soon
It sounds like you are off to a good start stay motivated and positive. I've seen guys cant do half that business in that time and most of those end up failing out. My advice is to keep an open mind to there's nothing wrong with better opportunity that said...I would get an app on your phone and record your presentation. When you don't close a sale you can always listen back and try find where it went wrong this will help you grow tremendously to get to the next level. best of luck and feel free to reach out if you have any questions. -

It sounds like you are off to a good start stay motivated and positive. I've seen guys cant do half that business in that time and most of those end up failing out. My advice is to keep an open mind to there's nothing wrong with better opportunity that said...I would get an app on your phone and record your presentation. When you don't close a sale you can always listen back and try find where it went wrong this will help you grow tremendously to get to the next level. best of luck and feel free to reach out if you have any questions. -

That is the reason I promote peer to peer review ever so often no matter the amount of time in the business... old or new agent, it is always instructive to have a seasoned agent follow you once in awhile and critique your presentation. :yes:

I was taught to carry a golf ball with you in the winter time... kept your hands from going numb in the cold weather.
When I 1st started...going dood to door in the winter time I smoked a pipe (no, not a bong...not while I was walking up and down the street) to keep my mouth thawed out so I could talk. Wouldn't do that now.

You know how you kind of hold your finger over the bowl sometimes to keep the fire going...one time I burnt a hole in my glove. :laugh:

Did you smoke "Captain Black"

When I 1st started...going dood to door in the winter time I smoked a pipe (no, not a bong...not while I was walking up and down the street) to keep my mouth thawed out so I could talk. Wouldn't do that now.

You know how you kind of hold your finger over the bowl sometimes to keep the fire going...one time I burnt a hole in my glove. :laugh:

When I was young, we didn't own a TV. But my next door neighbor Mr. Melvin had one. I used to go over and he would let me watch "Hogan's Hero's" and "Get Smart" with him. Gun smoke too... but I was to young to like all the drama.

He smoked a pipe and it was always "Captain Black".

Love that smell to this day! :yes:

Sorry your too old to remember what you smoked! :laugh: Or was it what you've been smoken' made you to old to remember? :twitchy:

Hell, I can't remember. That was 45 years ago. I only smoked a pipe for a couple of years. :unsure:

When I was young, we didn't own a TV. But my next door neighbor Mr. Melvin had one. I used to go over and he would let me watch "Hogan's Hero's" and "Get Smart" with him. Gun smoke too... but I was to young to like all the drama.

He smoked a pipe and it was always "Captain Black".

Love that smell to this day! :yes:

Sorry your too old to remember what you smoked! :laugh: Or was it what you've been smoken' made you to old to remember? :twitchy:
Probably a combination of the two. :spinny::wacko::v_SPIN:

Both sides could be argued. I think it really comes down to the agent's personality. Some are going to do whatever it takes to make it work, those can go door knocking first. Some don't "give good phone" so they should door knock.

If you are getting 15 leads, you should be door knocking no matter what. But think of it from a MOMENTUM stand point. Momentum is a huge factor in this business. The way Jensen is talking about doing it allows the agent to not be thinking "Man I have spent $750 this week and not made a single sale yet." You get them to go get the easier sales (set appointments) and then they can grind through the remaining leads without as bad of commission breathe.

I am going to make up some numbers here, but let's say you are guaranteed to close 25% of your leads. And 15% of them will be easy lay downs, and the other 10% requires hard work. If agents start with the 10% clients, they might get discouraged and end up not closing nearly as many as they could have. Get them in the field sitting with clients that know they are coming and why they are coming. Then the momentum will take a snow ball effect.

But again, not really a right or wrong way to do it as long as you are working!

I've heard that said before, curious why you think you find the lay downs easier by setting appointments rather than dk in route order. Mostly because the sit ratio is far lower, if they set an appointment and keep it? Suppose that does make some sense, if that's the reason.

Back