Post Your Daily/Weekly Numbers

Well, I start my week on Sat... so today was day one...

First Apt... Easy replacement scenario that I could NOT close... Didn't trust me... or like me... or something.. Didn't want to give up that old expensive policy...

Second Apt... Easy replacement scenario that I could NOT close... Yeah 8 yrs into a 10 yr term policy... She said she will call me in 2 years...lol

Ended up writing 7 apps for over $5,000 in AP

I just walked in the door from a 14 hour day... time for a hot shower and beer!
Absolute, 100% certified BEAST.

----------

One of my deals this week I did the least amount of work and made the most money. And my other one I did the most amount of work and made the least money.

The one was a term case where I had Jeff Root do all the heavy lifting. $19,000 AP on that one.

The other was a current client that had some old policies she just wanted help changing the beneficiaries on. These were 50+ year old policies on a company I had never heard of. We call the company and they told her she had to mail them her originals to change bennies which scared her to death. The company was in Louisville and I happened to be going there the next day anyway so I told her I would hand deliver them. I was curious about this mystery company. Could they be one of those undiscovered hidden nuggets?

So I drive the 4-hour round trip to seek my fortune. This building is right in downtown Louisville with 5-Stories of prime location and their name engraved on the building. Right across the street from Humana's monstrosity. What have I been missing all this time I thinks to myself? I'm like a kid at Christmas ready to open my presents.

I step inside and it looks like I'm in 1950. OK, so decorating ain't their thing. Helps to keep the premiums down I figure.

The security guard/greeter has to know my business there and call upstairs for guidance. I calmly tell him about the Benny changes whilst thinking " Son, I'm about to unleash the hounds of Hell on you. The most crazy-eyed, mad dog Final Expense producing army of misfits that will explode this company so big they will have to buy out Humana's building for expansion. Take me to your leader!"

I get the pass to go to the 5th floor. The elevator shakes and rattles like the rear fender of a vintage Harley but it somehow grinds it's way to floor number five. I'm in! This is the beginning of a whole new life for me. Where's the CEO? I need to see your products.

As I gaze my eyes around the room all I see is about 5-little old ladies working away at old wooden desks with stacks of paper and no computers. There were walls and walls of paper file cabinets and paper reports laying in perfect stacks. The most modern thing in that room was an autographed photo of Dean Martin. And Dean looked to be about 25-years old.

I get my bennies changed and the ol' girl really did have to hand write the changes on these old relic policies and stamp them. The policies were as fragile as the Dead Sea scrolls.

I'm pretty let down but I still had to ask...Do you guys sell much life insurance?

Oh, no. We quit selling back in the 1980's. We just maintain all the old policies.

Another balloon busted.

I drive back the 2-hours home and helped the lady transfer her cash value into a single premium policy that increased her death benefit by 40% for a total of $2,200. I made about $100 on that deal.

But I had about $50,000 worth of fun so it was all good.

What a great read! Seriously, you write really well. You should write a book someday.

Well, I start my week on Sat... so today was day one...

First Apt... Easy replacement scenario that I could NOT close... Didn't trust me... or like me... or something.. Didn't want to give up that old expensive policy...

Second Apt... Easy replacement scenario that I could NOT close... Yeah 8 yrs into a 10 yr term policy... She said she will call me in 2 years...lol

Ended up writing 7 apps for over $5,000 in AP

I just walked in the door from a 14 hour day... time for a hot shower and beer!

I am going to assume working the kind of hours with the kind of numbers you are putting up that you:
1. Have company mail policies to insured.
2. Don't try to conserve business if NSF for 1st months premium.

I assume the volume thing works out for you. I guess if you sell enough you get those people that pay like they are supposed to and you never have to worry about them.

I don't understand the barage of negativity here. Doug put up a good day. Why is it hard to fathom 5k from 7 apps or is it 5k in a day?

I'd bet he ran 14 appointments and sold 7 apps for the 5k...that is perfectly reasonable. He's said over and over again he runs 3 days a week...why wouldn't he have time for service work?

Good job Doug! Matt has invited me to the AL showdown...you guys let me know where you're going...I'd love to meet up with you guys. That's of course if Ben oks it ;)!!!

I don't understand the barage of negativity here. Doug put up a good day. Why is it hard to fathom 5k from 7 apps or is it 5k in a day?

I'd bet he ran 14 appointments and sold 7 apps for the 5k...that is perfectly reasonable. He's said over and over again he runs 3 days a week...why wouldn't he have time for service work?

Good job Doug! Matt has invited me to the AL showdown...you guys let me know where you're going...I'd love to meet up with you guys. That's of course if Ben oks it ;)!!!

I was under the impression that he worked like that 5 days a week. That's what I thought I read from a previous post of his. I also thought he said his persistency was around 70-75%. Please correct me if I am wrong. I was not being negative either, I am thinking of trying out his business plan.

Last edited:
I am going to assume working the kind of hours with the kind of numbers you are putting up that you:
1. Have company mail policies to insured.
2. Don't try to conserve business if NSF for 1st months premium.

I assume the volume thing works out for you. I guess if you sell enough you get those people that pay like they are supposed to and you never have to worry about them.

Yes to mailing most policies
All NSF's get conservation attempts

My persistency is presently around 78, total average between ALL carriers, 5 Star is the lowest at 74.5 because they get the bulk of business

My system is SOLID... yesterday, sat with a family for almost 2 hours because the spidey senses went off... wrote 3 apps for $2,592 in AP, sister on phone want's me to meet with her and friend about insurance

If no need/interest, i'm out in 10 minutes

My average sit with a sale is about 30-45 minutes

The Doug Massi system is NOT something to "try", it will take working up to.... For anyone that wants to try it....do 6 appointments one day, then 7, then 8, etc....you'll find your sweet spot by working up to it....

I also believe that using an appointment setter is like throwing money away... unless you are running 30+ apntmnts weekly or are just terrible on the phone!

My schedule consists of 15-18 appointments a day, 10-11 days a Month

This all depends on how close the appointments are together and how far that area is from my home

IM Attempting to attach my calendar from this week... you can see on Tues and Wed my schedule from Jackson/Miss and my schedule from yesterday where I worked 3 different cities

Interesting enough, I had 10 Stood Ups in Miss... The other guys had the same problem so I know it wasn't my setter...lol

Attachments

• Calendar.docx
    155 KB · Views: 118

About that! You and Ben will definitely need to talk and make nice before any group gathering... Ben's my Bouyyyy:cool:

Yes to mailing most policies All NSF's get conservation attempts My persistency is presently around 78, total average between ALL carriers, 5 Star is the lowest at 74.5 because they get the bulk of business My system is SOLID... yesterday, sat with a family for almost 2 hours because the spidey senses went off... wrote 3 apps for $2,592 in AP, sister on phone want's me to meet with her and friend about insurance If no need/interest, i'm out in 10 minutes My average sit with a sale is about 30-45 minutes The Doug Massi system is NOT something to "try", it will take working up to.... For anyone that wants to try it....do 6 appointments one day, then 7, then 8, etc....you'll find your sweet spot by working up to it.... I also believe that using an appointment setter is like throwing money away... unless you are running 30+ apntmnts weekly or are just terrible on the phone! My schedule consists of 15-18 appointments a day, 10-11 days a Month This all depends on how close the appointments are together and how far that area is from my home IM Attempting to attach my calendar from this week... you can see on Tues and Wed my schedule from Jackson/Miss and my schedule from yesterday where I worked 3 different cities Interesting enough, I had 10 Stood Ups in Miss... The other guys had the same problem so I know it wasn't my setter...lol

Nearly 80% 12-month persistency with that kind of volume is pretty good.

No matter how great you are doing some one will find something negative about it.

Great job Doug!

Good stuff agentguy5. I can tell you're a grinder and have an amazing work effort.

If you ever want to dip your toes into selling over the phone let me know

Yes to mailing most policies
All NSF's get conservation attempts

My persistency is presently around 78, total average between ALL carriers, 5 Star is the lowest at 74.5 because they get the bulk of business

My system is SOLID... yesterday, sat with a family for almost 2 hours because the spidey senses went off... wrote 3 apps for $2,592 in AP, sister on phone want's me to meet with her and friend about insurance

If no need/interest, i'm out in 10 minutes

My average sit with a sale is about 30-45 minutes

The Doug Massi system is NOT something to "try", it will take working up to.... For anyone that wants to try it....do 6 appointments one day, then 7, then 8, etc....you'll find your sweet spot by working up to it....

I also believe that using an appointment setter is like throwing money away... unless you are running 30+ apntmnts weekly or are just terrible on the phone!

My schedule consists of 15-18 appointments a day, 10-11 days a Month

This all depends on how close the appointments are together and how far that area is from my home

IM Attempting to attach my calendar from this week... you can see on Tues and Wed my schedule from Jackson/Miss and my schedule from yesterday where I worked 3 different cities

Interesting enough, I had 10 Stood Ups in Miss... The other guys had the same problem so I know it wasn't my setter...lol

Yes, I have NEVER been stood up that many times. I would have done 4K+ PER DAY here in San Antonio with the amount of appts I had in Jackson, Ms. for the 2 days we were there. Proves that different areas have different animals to contend with. What works in one area won't work the same in ALL areas the same way. Building TRUST was also a bit harder there for me than it usually is. Could have been they saw my TEXAS address on my business card or my TEXAS plates on the rental or something but they knew I wasn't from there and it showed. I didn't do anything different than I normally do as far as presentation but they were a bit more skeptical for some reason. Could it have been because I was wearing shorts and tennis shoes???? HELL NO!

That's why rookies training with a guy like Ben is great because he goes TO YOUR BACKYARD TO TRAIN YOU...In YOUR working environment!!! To give you tips on what might work well for you in YOUR AREA after having worked it.

BTW...You fellas think wearing my TEXAS LONGHORN polo would work well in Alabama next month?

Last edited:
Yes, I have NEVER been stood up that many times. I would have done 4K+ PER DAY here in San Antonio with the amount of appts I had in Jackson, Ms. for the 2 days we were there. Proves that different areas have different animals to content with. What works in one area won't work the same in ALL areas the same way. Building TRUST was also a bit harder there for me than it usually is. Could have been they saw my TEXAS address on my business card or my TEXAS plates on the rental or something but they knew I wasn't from there and it showed. I didn't do anything different than I normally do as far as presentation but they were a bit more skeptical for some reason. Could it have been because I was wearing shorts and tennis shoes???? HELL NO!

That's why rookies training with a guy like Ben is great because he goes TO YOUR BACKYARD TO TRAIN YOU...In YOUR working environment!!! To give you tips on what might work well for you in your area after having worked it.

BTW...You fellas think wearing my TEXAS LONGHORN polo would work well in Alabama next month?

You won't make it out of Alabama if you wear longhorns! For your own sake, please don't ;)

Back