Prospect with Diabetes II

RookieYankee

Guru
100+ Post Club
I was talking to someone over the phone who was interested in Life Insurance. He is 76 years old who only has type II diabetes with an A1c level of 6.2. I wrote him up with Settler's. I wanted to ask so I can learn more about different options moving forward.

I was talking to someone over the phone who was interested in Life Insurance. He is 76 years old who only has type II diabetes with an A1c level of 6.2. I wrote him up with Settler's. I wanted to ask so I can learn more about different options moving forward.

Most carriers would be fine to write him.

Settlers marginally rates diabetics higher, so you could have saved him a few bucks going elsewhere.

Foresters, Oxford, 5-Star, RNA, Americo, Mutual of Omaha, Trinity, and Liberty Bankers are all fine with diabetics with no rate up.

Settlers is one of the few that rates them up.

Simply reading the application questions would help you on that one.

Ac1 rate means nothing in Fe. Who's in your bag? Could have written him trans,snl,5 star,rna fbl. Most carriers take type 2 as standard.

I never ask about someone's A1C because of the carriers I write never ask about it on the app. "Ma'am, with your diabetes, are you taking pills or insulin?" "And how many units of insulin are you taking per day?" "How old were you when you were diagnosed with Diabetes?" "How old were you when you started taking Insulin?". Those are the only questions I ask.

Seems like 50% of my clients have diabetes.

I never ask about someone's A1C because of the carriers I write never ask about it on the app. "Ma'am, with your diabetes, are you taking pills or insulin?" "And how many units of insulin are you taking per day?" "How old were you when you were diagnosed with Diabetes?" "How old were you when you started taking Insulin?". Those are the only questions I ask.

Seems like 50% of my clients have diabetes.

I started asking (if they take insulin) have you gone through insulin shock? If they say no I know they are good with Foresters since if they haven't had an insulin shock they hadn't gone through a diabetic coma and before I always ask about their heart and other organs.

Yes, I messed up with Settler's. I called him up to say that I just realized that I can get him a discount. It's my mistake but not something that will happen again. :)

I started asking (if they take insulin) have you gone through insulin shock? If they say no I know they are good with Foresters since if they haven't had an insulin shock they hadn't gone through a diabetic coma and before I always ask about their heart and other organs.

Yes, I messed up with Settler's. I called him up to say that I just realized that I can get him a discount. It's my mistake but not something that will happen again. :)

That in my opinion was a mistake as well, you are being honest but you are also gonna look not as knowledgeable with this insured. once you write it, leave it alone.

----------

Foresters, Oxford, 5-Star, RNA, Americo, Mutual of Omaha, Trinity, and Liberty Bankers are all fine with diabetics with no rate up.

Settlers is one of the few that rates them up.

Simply reading the application questions would help you on that one.

BAM! Im sorry but I knew it was coming. How many of us sat back thinking, "How do I answer this without sounding like a condescending jerk? Newbster is like honeybadger...he dont care LOL:D

Back