Prospect with Diabetes II

That in my opinion was a mistake as well, you are being honest but you are also gonna look not as knowledgeable with this insured. once you write it, leave it alone. ---------- BAM! Im sorry but I knew it was coming. How many of us sat back thinking, "How do I answer this without sounding like a condescending jerk? Newbster is like honeybadger...he dont care LOL:D

I don't see it that way at all. My answer not only gave him fish (list of companies that are good with diabetics) but taught him how to fish ( how do you learn if a company is good for diabetics or not. )

You don't need detailed underwriting manuals, etc. You simply look at the question on the app. If your applicant has to answer "yes" keep looking. Settlers for instance "Do you have diabetes? " it's a yes. That's what we are trying to avoid.

The other companies I listed would ask more along the lines of "did you take insulin for diabetes prior to the age of 50?" If he can answer "no", that's your company.

I've taught many new agents how to figure out FE underwriting. Don't seem to get too many complaints. But if it came across wrong, I'll offer a full refund.

I don't see it that way at all. My answer not only gave him fish (list of companies that are good with diabetics) but taught him how to fish ( how do you learn if a company is good for diabetics or not. )

You don't need detailed underwriting manuals, etc. You simply look at the question on the app. If your applicant has to answer "yes" keep looking. Settlers for instance "Do you have diabetes? " it's a yes. That's what we are trying to avoid.

The other companies I listed would ask more along the lines of "did you take insulin for diabetes prior to the age of 50?" If he can answer "no", that's your company.

I've taught many new agents how to figure out FE underwriting. Don't seem to get too many complaints. But if it came across wrong, I'll offer a full refund.
Nah i was saying it was a good response but many of us knew the answer too, we can always count on you, no sarcasm implied newb

Hey, you nailed it Newby. I've been following your posts. I didn't take your last line as anything. I messed up, but now like you said moving forward I have to be more vigilant. It's my inexperience and so I am taking it as just a part of the learning process.

And I guess I won't rewrite the guy. There are more fish in the pond.

Nah i was saying it was a good response but many of us knew the answer too, we can always count on you, no sarcasm implied newb

I took it wrong. Sorry.

You going to take BCrane under your wing and polish him up?

I took it wrong. Sorry. You going to take BCrane under your wing and polish him up?

Hey read your text messages :). I know I know, you mute them cause of Donnie's potty mouth.

I started asking (if they take insulin) have you gone through insulin shock? If they say no I know they are good with Foresters since if they haven't had an insulin shock they hadn't gone through a diabetic coma and before I always ask about their heart and other organs. Yes, I messed up with Settler's. I called him up to say that I just realized that I can get him a discount. It's my mistake but not something that will happen again. :)

With foresters, you also have to ask complications like neuropathy lots of folks have that.

Back