Question on American Income life

Today I met with a F,78,NT heart attack 18 months ago,oxygen,diabetic neuropathy.

The AIL agent absolutely raped this poor woman.

The agent sold her over the phone on Zoom a 10k WL level for $188 a month. The health questions for the heart attack and oxygen use were both marked no.

How did this get through their UW ? They must not run script check ?

Even worse,they scared her,told her the Motorist 10k WL policy inforce since 2005,paying around $45/a month was going to cancel at age 80 and to drop it.

The AIL agent frightened her into thinking it was term.

The replacement box on the application for AIL was checked no.

The agent got her to sign the surrender,sent it in,and she received CV around $5500. She put the money in the bank.

This lady did not need the money.

Im going to fix this and supply a statement on a form from the DOI,get it signed,fax it in for her,

How do these kinda agents sleep at night ?

What are you trying to do ? Get her old policy reinstated ? File complaint against agent ?

A temporary lic. will allow her to sale while she works toward being fully lic. AIL may very well do this to cut through the dead wood before recruiters invest too much time in someone who is unable or unwilling to cut the mustard.

I started working under a temp lic. when I started. It allows for field training to begin immediately.
I had a temp license when I started too. Seems like it was for 90 days.

What are you trying to do ? Get her old policy reinstated ? File complaint against agent ?

What would you do ? Can you get a policy reinstated after it’s been surrendered? Would you file a complaint?

What would you do ? Can you get a policy reinstated after it’s been surrendered? Would you file a complaint?

Will motorists reinstate it ? If she’s of sound mind she made the decision. That’s like saying I bought a stock because the broker said it would go up and it fell . I want my money back . Motorists has the final say in reinstating it not the doi if there was no fraud . It comes down to the agents word against her word which isn’t provable fraud . The agent will say she wanted the cash out money and wanted to do it .Provable fraud is he signed her name or he stole money not “ he scared her” .

It’s nobel what your doing but I don’t have that kind of time to fight other people’s battles . I run a business to pay my bills . If this were my client I could see it a little . But if not my client no .I have a gig were I get free tablets for clients of low income . If someone says my friend wants one unless they become my client I won’t do it .

Most companies will undo a surrender. But it depends on the circumstances. If the check is not cashed and returned to the company it's fairly simple. If the check has been cashed then it's much more difficult if not impossible. If she want's to reinstate then you're going to have to call the company together and find out what needs to be done or if it's even possible.

Will motorists reinstate it ? If she’s of sound mind she made the decision. That’s like saying I bought a stock because the broker said it would go up and it fell . I want my money back . Motorists has the final say in reinstating it not the doi if there was no fraud . It comes down to the agents word against her word which isn’t provable fraud . The agent will say she wanted the cash out money and wanted to do it .Provable fraud is he signed her name or he stole money not “ he scared her” .

It’s nobel what you’re doing but I don’t have that kind of time to fight other people’s battles . I run a business to pay my bills . If this were my client I could see it a little . But if not my client no .I have a gig were I get free tablets for clients of low income . If someone says my friend wants one unless they become my client I won’t do it .

My people don’t have the desire or skill set to battle with the companies or the DOI. Need to find out more about the oxygen. Might be able to write her graded. I will ask if they want to file a complaint and if so I will have them sign the complaint form and send it in for them.

The Motorist was taken over by Encova. I don’t know anything about them.

Right now,she says she’s a wanting some good insherance.

Her husband is in good shape and I’m gonna replace AIL and get him a way better deal with either Am Am or LBL,Moo.

Most companies will undo a surrender. But it depends on the circumstances. If the check is not cashed and returned to the company it's fairly simple. If the check has been cashed then it's much more difficult if not impossible. If she want's to reinstate then you're going to have to call the company together and find out what needs to be done or if it's even possible.

Check was deposited into her bank account.

The Motorist was taken over by Encova. I don’t know anything about them

Before you go deeper in this, are you 100% certain her Motorist policy didn't actually end, reduce or have the rate skyrocket at age 80? Just had an agent send me a copy of a very old policy that was indeed ending at age 85.

If agent is a scammer, I bet he pointed to the Encova website that likely says it is available up to age 80. Meaning new policies can issue for age 80 or younger, not that an inforce policy ends at 80.....yikes if that is the case & that would warrant a DOI complaint in my book

Last edited:
Before you go deeper in this, are you 100% certain her Motorist policy didn't actually end, reduce or have the rate skyrocket at age 80? Just had an agent send me a copy of a very old policy that was indeed ending at age 85.

It appears to have been whole life since she received surrender monies. But yes, they have to get all the facts before deciding how to proceed.

Back