Question on American Income life

Don says he’s not fighting anyone else’s battles.

Would you get their signatures on a DOI complaint form and help them report this dirtbag?

I’ll do a complaint in a heartbeat. But there’s no DOI violation there.

The DOI doesn’t exist to prevent people from doing stupid shit.

In your case there appears to be a violation.

I’ll do a complaint in a heartbeat. But there’s no DOI violation there.

The DOI doesn’t exist to prevent people from doing stupid shit.

In your case there appears to be a violation.

These 2 sales were done on 2 or 3 Zoom calls.
Who would DOI contact first,the agent or company ?
What violations in order of seriousness are most egregious ?
What kind of penalties would DOI impose on the company ? Agent ?

I won’t file a complaint unless the customers sign on.

The violations in your case appear to be not doing replacement paperwork.

Even when doing a replacement form there could be a violation on what the agent put as a reason for replacement.

Not doing one is a red flag. I don’t know the procedures of your state. Here I would Fike a complaint against the company and agent.

Here they have to answer the complaint in writing. Sometimes the company takes action to correct. Sometimes they just deny.

I only know of a couple times that the DOI has actually suspended a license.

Most DOI don't do much more than copy the complaint & mail it to agent & carrier to respond. When they respond, they send copy to consumer who them disputes certain facts & sends back & DOI copies & sends to agent & carrier. Agent & carrier write responses & send to DOI who then copies & sends to carrier. This ends when consumer gives up. When money is stolen by agents, they tend to take more action

I replaced a couple of AIL’s a month or so ago.

Wife said she had $10K. Husband said he had $5K. Policies just a few months old.

Both 78 years old. Paying $215/mo total.

I wrote them both $10K. $190/mo total.

We called AIL and stopped drafts.

Then the lady found their policies. Wife’s was $7K. Husband had $3K.

Both were 2 year ROP. They had no idea they were not level coverage.

I just went through hell with Ail . Replaced 2 about 6 weeks ago . Called and stopped draft . Was on hold 30 mins and when rep came on hung up . Called again stopped draft . They never stopped draft and never sent surrender $ . We called back a month later and they said “ you must fill out surrender form “. I was on 3 way and got nasty . They did stop draft but no surrender form . Just another LH and sl mlm shop . Trying to be tough as they know it’s being replaced . Most CO’s will surrender on letter alone

I just went through hell with Ail . Replaced 2 about 6 weeks ago . Called and stopped draft . Was on hold 30 mins and when rep came on hung up . Called again stopped draft . They never stopped draft and never sent surrender $ . We called back a month later and they said “ you must fill out surrender form “. I was on 3 way and got nasty . They did stop draft but no surrender form . Just another LH and sl mlm shop . Trying to be tough as they know it’s being replaced . Most CO’s will surrender on letter alone

I find most companies have their own surrender forms and I have them on hand. Including AIL's.

The worst to deal with on surrender for me is AmMem/Trustage. They want each surrender form to be client specific. OA used to do that. Now they will take a signed note. LH goes back and forth. They have a form. Sometimes they require it. Sometimes not. Sometimes they want it notarized. Sometimes not. I just notarize them all.

The very worst at stopping drafts are SL and Foresters.

SL wants a signed letter with DOB,last 4 of social. SL also requires an additional call if they have Legacy which drafts separately.

Back