Question on American Income life

I find most companies have their own surrender forms and I have them on hand. Including AIL's.

The worst to deal with on surrender for me is AmMem/Trustage. They want each surrender form to be client specific. OA used to do that. Now they will take a signed note. LH goes back and forth. They have a form. Sometimes they require it. Sometimes not. Sometimes they want it notarized. Sometimes not. I just notarize them all.

The very worst at stopping drafts are SL and Foresters.

So you fill out the surrender form at time of sale . If it needs to be notarized you leave filled out form with client and tell them to get done then mail in ? So with Trustage you call up with client and request them? Foresters requires surrender form if over $150 as I recall . Trans , Lincoln Heritage I’ve done a ton with a letter only .

So you fill out the surrender form at time of sale . If it needs to be notarized you leave filled out form with client and tell them to get done then mail in ? So with Trustage you call up with client and request them? Foresters requires surrender form if over $150 as I recall . Trans , Lincoln Heritage I’ve done a ton with a letter only .

I send in all surrender forms for my clients. Foresters always requires their form regardless of amount.

Columbian requires their form. Bankers has a form. AIG has a form. RNA, Prosperity, AIL, Trustage, MetLife, LH, AmAm, Woodmen,Trans, Oxford, etc.

More do than don’t.

Companies that require personalized forms I ask them to mail the forms while we are on the phone stopping the draft.

I deliver policies so they usually have the forms by the time I deliver the policies.

Then before I fax or email the surrender form on the day the new policy starts I call the person. I will not send in a surrender form without speaking to the person.

I am a notary so that’s easily taken care of.

And people like that too.

Being a "replacement artist", that must come in handy. ;)

Talk about prepared . Forms , notary . How the heck could anyone say no . CO’s must know you well . You need to buy the cs reps Xmas presents . Lol . So they ever stall your surrenders or reach out to person trying to talk them out of it ? What’s you avg hold time calling these CO’s ?

Talk about prepared . Forms , notary . How the heck could anyone say no . CO’s must know you well . You need to buy the cs reps Xmas presents . Lol . So they ever stall your surrenders or reach out to person trying to talk them out of it ? What’s you avg hold time calling these CO’s ?
Probably a long time, since they're familiar with his phone # and have it flagged. :yes:

There’s no average. Sometimes they answer fairly quickly. Sometimes it’s a long time.

Oxford is one of the worst. Columbian is bad.

AmAm is bad. Trans is better. But sometimes they are long still.

About the only one that acts like they know me is AmMem/Trustage. And AmMem is the only one that seems to intentionally delay surrender.

Lumico is really bad too.

Every now and then the CSR will try to talk to the person about surrender. I just ask them if they are a licensed agent. That usually ends the talk.

How you conduct yourself on the phone and the questions you ask and the way you ask are key to finishing the sale.

You are being judged. As much by what you don’t say as what you do say.

And the hold time, while annoying, is great wedge building time.

Then some CSR’s do your work for you. Just let them dig.

Colombian’s reps are so bad they seal the deal. The customer gets off the phone wanting to get rid of them even if you can’t help them. LH and SL are that way too.

Trans treats their customers like they are little kids on the phone.

Gotta love them.

Back