Survey For DOOR TO DOOR!

Has anyone hired a d2d appointment setter to canvas for them before? If so, how much would you advise to pay for appointments? With them doing the time consuming part, something fair per lead or set appointment would be needed.

Has anyone hired a d2d appointment setter to canvas for them before? If so, how much would you advise to pay for appointments? With them doing the time consuming part, something fair per lead or set appointment would be needed.
Those would be solicitors. When someone has a no solicitors sign on their door...if they point that out to me, I tell them that I'm not a solicitor...I'm an insurance salesman.:twitchy:

I think the introduction can be improved upon and that the survey is too long. You can't do that survey in two minutes.

Time spent=Buy
I remember being trained. This Women wouldn't let us in.
She came out on the pouch & talked our face off, then bought! I thought the agent that was training me was a genius. A lot happens in this 1.5 hour pouch visit. But 90% was listening. Afterwards I asked the trainer why he just listened so long? He said when people invest this kinda time. They feel like they should buy, or something like this.

Time spent=Buy
I remember being trained. This Women wouldn't let us in.
She came out on the pouch & talked our face off, then bought! I thought the agent that was training me was a genius. A lot happens in this 1.5 hour pouch visit. But 90% was listening. Afterwards I asked the trainer why he just listened so long? He said when people invest this kinda time. They feel like they should buy, or something like this.

So all your trainer did was listen to the lady's story for an hr and a half and got the signature? Is that normal?

So all your trainer did was listen to the lady's story for an hr and a half and got the signature? Is that normal?
I'm new..disclaimer....
He said that was unusual.
90% listing 10% other stuff. He would ask a question when she said. Leave me some information. He said certainly. Then reached in his bag and said.. do you know differences between whole life and term. She said no...Then he would show her and this was part of his presentation. He had his presentation, but it doesn't take long to deliver it. She knew she was paying to much. She trusted him, and he lowered her premium. Which was her "why" reason. She said leave your card, he acknowledge this, gave a benefit, then resumed presentation. Once she had enough information and trusted him she said out of the blue. Let's do this? It was strange to me, because I'm new.

After you've been doing this awhile, you'll have stories like this one to tell as well! I stumble across low hanging fruit like this almost every week. And interestingly those are the ones that stay on the books! Makes up for the 150 or so NO's I hear every week! When it comes to door knocking, consistency is the key! STP! (See The People!)

Last edited:
Thanks, Kid. Ya made my day.

Not me. Dogs around here like to hide under the house until they see you inside the fence. Dat's when they come a runnin'. The rednecks inside just sit and watch the whole thing. :1frown:

Also, don't forget to wrap newspapers around your legs for good measure! :yes:

Back