Telesales - Brutal Truth

Oh Hi, John, its nice to see you come out from under the bridge to Troll me.

----------

I think you bring up some awesome points, and as one of the few on here that has done telesales, I think new agents need to read what you wrote and really consider the pro vs. con.

There are many that have never sold over the phone a day in their life that have an "opinion".

But your post goes to prove that a successful face to face agent may not want to get into telesales, and I completely agree.

Yep. Seems a lot of the telesales outfits that do ok have a lot of women thriving at it. The general profile of an FE agent is a male "hunter" type who is better suited to being on the road hunting. Exceptions obviously abound.

Yep. Seems a lot of the telesales outfits that do ok have a lot of women thriving at it. The general profile of an FE agent is a male "hunter" type who is better suited to being on the road hunting. Exceptions obviously abound.

Yes, Ive always said that.

8 of our top 10 agents are all female, and would get CRUSHED in face to face sales. Some have even already failed at it.

It takes a special person for phone sales.

Yes, Ive always said that.

8 of our top 10 agents are all female, and would get CRUSHED in face to face sales. Some have even already failed at it.

It takes a special person for phone sales.

As a rule, I'm good at brushing off telemarketers. But a couple years ago this sweet little old lady called me from St. Louis. She had my nuts in a vice and I couldn't get loose.:eek::laugh::noteworthy:

I just don't see people giving out social security numbers and personal information over the phone in the future. I would NEVER. I feel like my generation is like that . I bet there will be this kick back to face to face in the next ten years....like people will revert back to this old school way of business.

I just don't see people giving out social security numbers and personal information over the phone in the future. I would NEVER. I feel like my generation is like that . I bet there will be this kick back to face to face in the next ten years....like people will revert back to this old school way of business.

You are just weird then. Young people won't have issues with this. People are getting more and more comfortable with transacting business over the phone and online. It's never going to go backwards.

LOL - If you're over 50 it was probably us, haha!

Not quite there yet, but staring down the barrel. Sounds like your office is populated by women like this, so if I were you I'd take precautions. Precautions like wearing a cup!:twitchy:

You are just weird then. Young people won't have issues with this. People are getting more and more comfortable with transacting business over the phone and online. It's never going to go backwards.

Phone =/= online

----------

you know that call block and ad block exist? My generation blocks everything and will never have home phones. That's right now....imagine 30 years in the future. I personally think telemarketers will not exist when I'm 50.

Online I think will be fine but phones are done for. Lol I'm normal.... my friends are normal... we DO NOT use our phones for anything other than texting and amazon.

Phone =/= online

----------

you know that call block and ad block exist? My generation blocks everything and will never have home phones. That's right now....imagine 30 years in the future. I personally think telemarketers will not exist when I'm 50.

Online I think will be fine but phones are done for. Lol I'm normal.... my friends are normal... we DO NOT use our phones for anything other than texting and amazon.

If what you are saying is true, then everyone will just be buying online.

That gets rid of telesales and f2f sales.

I understand your logic, but Im not totally there, yet.

Back