The Return of 48 Hour SOA

I am not an agent so I don't know whether the SOA forms originate with an agent's carriers or an agent's FMO's.

It is my (non-agent) understanding that many FMO's strongly encourage their agents to use the SOA as a cross selling tool to maximize the number of products an agent will be able to discuss and sell during the sales interview (and by unspoken extension, the amount of commission the FMO will derive from their downline agent's appointment).

I think this could account for the presence of Medigap on the SOA even though the SOA is not required for Medigap sales. It gives a skilled Medicare market agent on an appointment to discuss Medicare health insurance coverage a tool to evaluate a prospect's interest and need for other health related insurance products (such as dental, hospital insurance, cancer, home health care and ? ) which might be presented after the primary sale of Medigap, or MA (MA, MAPD, or MSA), or Cost Plan is completed.

I'd never check the 3rd box. PDP and MA because we have to, anything else is none of their business.

Not sure where you got this info but in my experience tracking has little to nothing to do with it, otherwise there would be requirements to fill it out a certain way. All of my sales are done via phone. My FMO gave little instruction as I didn't really need it. Never specified that there was a "Special" way to complete. MA, MAPD or PD are the only boxes to check however I never check all three. Any other products as noted by the other poster is non of the Fed Gov Business.

Just because you disagree with the approach of using an SOA as a sales tool to map a presentation of products does not mean that some FMOs do not train new agents to use it in that way.

You are seeing it as a "snooping" thing. Some FMO's will present it as a sales aid to use as a tool to uncover additional products to present during a sales interview.

Just because you disagree with the approach of using an SOA as a sales tool to map a presentation of products does not mean that some FMOs do not train new agents to use it in that way.

You are seeing it as a "snooping" thing. Some FMO's will present it as a sales aid to use as a tool to uncover additional products to present during a sales interview.
I don't work for a FMO. As an Independent Agent, I can do it however the f*ck I choose. :biggrin:

If you want to do it the way your FMO says, that's up to you. :yes:

If you want to do it the way your FMO says, that's up to you. :yes:

Can't say I've had a FMO tell me how to do anything at this juncture.. They have my contracts and get the admin fees on my submitted MAPD, MA apps of a whopping $ 25 p/a

See you've been around a while LD. Curious as to why?

Can't say I've had a FMO tell me how to do anything at this juncture.. They have my contracts and get the admin fees on my submitted MAPD, MA apps of a whopping $ 25 p/a

Who’s making $25 on your mapd apps ? Your fmo ?

Lol your in the Stone Age . . Your fmo’s snagging $275 per mapd app . They make $150 per year on . renewals . Big fmo’s get millions of $’s of marketing money a yr . There’s massive money in mapd . It’s a land grab .

Lol your in the Stone Age . . Your fmo’s snagging $275 per mapd app . They make $150 per year on . renewals . Big fmo’s get millions of $’s of marketing money a yr . There’s massive money in mapd . It’s a land grab .

I'd be happy to review documentation of this....

I'd be happy to review documentation of this....

Documentation? Lol . When’s the last time your fmo showed his commission grid ? Those are facts . Actually Justin Brock did a video a couple months ago about fmo mapd comp . Search Justin Brock you tube and search for it .

Back