The Return of 48 Hour SOA

There are several of those on the market though. You can just send the client a link and they can upload it directly to their file.

We use one for tax returns and other sensitive documents in the DI space.

I'm aware, that said I had 5 people this AEP who couldn't even complete a Text SOA let alone any further tasks requiring any technical knowledge.

Emailing an app with PII and other PHI? Unless you have a secure portal that the consumer can use, I'd think this would be a no no.....
You don't fill anything out first. X where they sign. Problem is.....you tell them to not date anything and they do it anyway.:twitchy::twitchy::twitchy:

Emailing an app with PII and other PHI? Unless you have a secure portal that the consumer can use, I'd think this would be a no no.....

Paper scope, not paper app.

I use Jotform w/ pdf fill for SOA and it would be super easy to make it agent dated... Not that I plan to...

Waiting 48 hours is dumber than dumb and a case could be made that it is restricting people's ability to obtain insurance.

They call me on 12/30. Need coverage 1/1. Sorry ma'am, I can't explain this to you today, nor can anyone else with a license due to 48hr rule, and you can't get coverage until February unless you self enroll with no guidance.

Good luck

I use Jotform w/ pdf fill for SOA and it would be super easy to make it agent dated... Not that I plan to...

Waiting 48 hours is dumber than dumb and a case could be made that it is restricting people's ability to obtain insurance.

They call me on 12/30. Need coverage 1/1. Sorry ma'am, I can't explain this to you today, nor can anyone else with a license due to 48hr rule, and you can't get coverage until February unless you self enroll with no guidance.

Good luck[/QUOT

Did it also take away the walk-in rule with these new rules? Before alot of agents would just write walk-in on it and were fine.

Good luck

Good point but since CMS likes making stupid rules they will probably have an exclusion of 48 hour rule for last 2 days of month.

My Artificial Intelligences Poem about SOA's

The 48 hour scope of appointment form, A requirement by Medicare to inform, What services you'll receive and adore, And what your doctor has in store.

It's a way to be sure, That you understand and that you're secure, In the treatments and the plan, That you and your doctor have in hand.

It's a way to communicate, What you want and what is great, It's a form that must be signed, Before any service is assigned.

It's a way to keep you aware, Of what's covered and what's not to bear, So don't forget to sign on the line, And make sure everything is just fine.

The 48 hour scope of appointment form, A requirement by Medicare to inform, What's covered, what's not and what you'll adore, So you can receive the services you need and more.

In response to Midlevel-

supposedly they would take away that option. This proposal won’t pass. And if it did, it wouldn’t do much.

Can you imagine a client walking in and wanting help with their plan choices and you telling them to come back two days later. Had it happen the other day from a referral. Signed her up on the spot. After she signed the SOA of course to ensure I wouldn’t take advantage of her. Ha

Good luck
Based on this comment from you i went and created an SOA jotform "form". Its awesome! the way ive got it set up with cards instead of showing the entire form its gonna be way easier for my clients to complete. Can confirm its super easy to hide the date field should one feel the need to do so. Thanks!

Back