48 Hour SOA Requirement

The soa has to be signed by the member 48 hrs before .
Unless the appt is 4 days or less from the discussion to set the appt. Is CMS going to be getting court orders for phone records?

And unless its done electronically

Unless unless unless....Such total BS

There is a LARGE broker in my city, and they recruit LOTS of new people, get them licensed and then teach them everything to do NON COMPLIANT. I see it over and over so theres no other way, they must take the "An Agent may and An agent may not' list and tell them to do all the may NOTS

Slipping into secure buildings and door knocking---and stopping people outside walking their dog, and changing their plan without a signature and on and on. And nothing EVER happens. No matter how many times they get reported they go on. Woops not right things DO happen--they now have their own like 6000SF bldg in suburban office park.

They have been reported to CMS, State Ins Dept, HUD and they go on

Group of HUD bldgs in my city, with maybe 2000 residents and they will only allow ONE broker to work with residents. kickback city. They are HUD properties--report it to HUD and they day SORRY youre not a resident

Other HUD bldg where the residents are browbeaten, threatened to get "their a*es kicked out on the street" if they dont use the broker they get kickbacks from. HUD? We can't do anything unless you are a resident.

So YES there are slimeballs doing all sort of slimy things--and all they can think of is hassling the honest, driving up costs and I bet before this is over a lot of brokers decide to retire--so soon all there will be are crooks.

"That government is best which governs least"-but HEY bureaucrats know better than Jefferson right?

OK my bad--rant over.

So, I just received an email from a carrier stating the following:

"One of the new rules put out by CMS this past January was that Scope of Appointments (SOAs) are now required to be completed at least 48 hours prior to the appointment, this includes the Voice Recorded Appointment (VRA).

There are only 2 exceptions:

(A) When a beneficiary requests an appointment within four days of the end of a valid election period, including the AEP, OEP, SEP, ICEP or the month, based on eligibility.

(B) When a beneficiary initiates an in-person meeting (i.e. tabletop event, office walk-in, formal seminars, etc.)?

Thought this was for 2024 plan year....

I called broker support and was told that this "rule" went into effect Jan 1 NO other carrier has sent out material regarding this matter...

Thoughts?

It's official! The 48 hour SOA does not apply to inbound calls!

The exemption to the 48-hour rule has been extended to cover walk-ins and SOAs completed toward the conclusion of a valid enrollment period.

It's important to note that inbound calls initiated by the consumer are no longer bound by the 48-hour rule. Web-based contact (chat initiated by the beneficiary) is considered an inbound call, giving you the flexibility, you deserve.

this is such baldfaced Equine Scat, dreamed up by a bunch of apparachniks that have no clue what happens in actual reality

Just like in every single other company and industry, the big wigs (dumb as shit) who have zero actual clue what goes on outside of the c suite, make all the changes without any idea how it will affect anyone below them, or how it will affect the business. If they DO talk to people below them, they're all "yes men" and agree anyways.

It's official! The 48 hour SOA does not apply to inbound calls!

The exemption to the 48-hour rule has been extended to cover walk-ins and SOAs completed toward the conclusion of a valid enrollment period.

It's important to note that inbound calls initiated by the consumer are no longer bound by the 48-hour rule. Web-based contact (chat initiated by the beneficiary) is considered an inbound call, giving you the flexibility, you deserve.

The carriers put CMS in their place

Back