Thoughts on these Carriers? Need Opinions & Recommendations

Luv4Insurance

Expert
So I've been in talks with an IMO that works with 21 different carriers. They have a short list of them spotlighted on their website and for new agents on board - they recommend starting off with 2-3 companies in my arsenal. I'm still new to the final expense industry and especially new to juggling several companies as I was just recently captive to only one company.

So I'm just asking what your overall opinion & insight is about some of these companies. Of course what is better for pricing for the clients and how some of these companies fare on the agent side as well. Thanks in advance.

5 STAR

AETNA

ALLIANZ

AMERICO

COLUMBIAN MUTUAL

CSA

GERBER

LINCOLN FINANCIAL

MASS MUTUAL

METLIFE

NORTH AMERICAN

ROYAL NEIGHBORS OF AMERICA

SAGICOR

STONEBRIDGE

UNITED HOME LIFE

Planning on doing final expense? If so what state? All companies aren't in all states. What I'd recommend if available. ...

Trinity/Family Benefit
Security National Life
Transamerica
MOO (for children's policy)
Gerber for GI

95% of your business will go to the first 3

So I've been in talks with an IMO that works with 21 different carriers. They have a short list of them spotlighted on their website and for new agents on board - they recommend starting off with 2-3 companies in my arsenal. I'm still new to the final expense industry and especially new to juggling several companies as I was just recently captive to only one company.

So I'm just asking what your overall opinion & insight is about some of these companies. Of course what is better for pricing for the clients and how some of these companies fare on the agent side as well. Thanks in advance.

5 STAR

AETNA

ALLIANZ

AMERICO

COLUMBIAN MUTUAL

CSA

GERBER

LINCOLN FINANCIAL

MASS MUTUAL

METLIFE

NORTH AMERICAN

SAGICOR

STONEBRIDGE

UNITED HOME LIFE

About 1/2 the companies on that list aren't FE companies. If you're wanting to sell FE, I'd look for a better list.:yes:

5 STAR

AETNA

ALLIANZ

AMERICO

COLUMBIAN MUTUAL

CSA

GERBER

LINCOLN FINANCIAL

MASS MUTUAL

METLIFE

NORTH AMERICAN

SAGICOR

STONEBRIDGE

UNITED HOME LIFE

Stonebridge is a good choice. After age 44, height and weight are irrelevant so for 45+ that are over weight, it isnt an issue. They also have 2 different levels.
Americo has good smoker rates.
UHL has good niches for certain heart conditions and they also have multiple levels your client can qualify for. (Even a GI)
Gerber has a good GI product, comp isn't great but no GI comp is. The GI is cheaper premium wise than the UHL but the comp is also lower on typical street for the GI.
Foresters is also a good one for FE (they have three levels for clients) along with the MoO and Aetna products.

As someone stated above, some on the list you posted don't offer FE. They offer traditional life (perm and temp).

Best of luck!

Stonebridge is a good choice. After age 44, height and weight are irrelevant so for 45+ that are over weight, it isnt an issue. They also have 2 different levels.
Americo has good smoker rates.
UHL has good niches for certain heart conditions and they also have multiple levels your client can qualify for. (Even a GI)
Gerber has a good GI product, comp isn't great but no GI comp is. The GI is cheaper premium wise than the UHL but the comp is also lower on typical street for the GI.
Foresters is also a good one for FE (they have three levels for clients) along with the MoO and Aetna products.

As someone stated above, some on the list you posted don't offer FE. They offer traditional life (perm and temp).

Best of luck!

Americo had good smoker rates. That no longer applies.

LOL Ok. I stand corrected. They did last time I looked, which was months ago. Good to know though if I ever decide to write Americo. :biggrin:

5 STAR

AETNA

ALLIANZ

AMERICO

COLUMBIAN MUTUAL

CSA

GERBER

LINCOLN FINANCIAL

MASS MUTUAL

METLIFE

NORTH AMERICAN

SAGICOR

STONEBRIDGE

UNITED HOME LIFE

Rather than deal with that list I would recommend looking for an IMO that specializes in FE if that's what you want to do.

It's obvious from that list of companies that this IMO does not. Some of them aren't even available in Ca anyway.

But no decent IMO would tell you to start with a list that long.

Start with one company, learn it inside out as you are learning the business and then add companies one by one. There are too many good FE IMO's out there to deal with one that you are describing.

So I've been in talks with an IMO that works with 21 different carriers. They have a short list of them spotlighted on their website and for new agents on board - they recommend starting off with 2-3 companies in my arsenal. I'm still new to the final expense industry and especially new to juggling several companies as I was just recently captive to only one company.[/B]

Does your current IMO have a Fixed Cost/Affordable Lead program in California?
Do they offer you hands on training?
What carrier is your trainer suggesting?
Is your trainer a successful FE agent?

These are questions that you need to ask yourself in order to assess your potential for success or failure!

My primary carrier is Security National Life because over 90% of my business gets approved as applied for, with them.

Back