• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

TransAmerica New Business Improvements Are Here

I have said many times if they would make the POS interview optional and simplify their application to four pages with one signature you couldn't beat them. And if insulin could be at a preferred rate there be no reason never carry anybody else.

You forgot asthma, if they changed that to level as well that would make it a perfect fe world.

So much for being easier to deal with. I got an email from them yesterday that are making it more difficult to get emails from them and to send them emails.

So much for being easier to deal with. I got an email from them yesterday that are making it more difficult to get emails from them and to send them emails.

I heard they will only accept apps by carrier pigeon from now on.

I think they are just using the encryption thingy. It's like getting emails from Lafayette.

I think they are just using the encryption thingy. It's like getting emails from Lafayette.

That's what they said. That's still making it harder. Americo uses that too. Takes me forever to figure out to open the ones from americo. Then when you do you wish you hadn't opened it.:biggrin:

That's what they said. That's still making it harder. Americo uses that too. Takes me forever to figure out to open the ones from americo. Then when you do you wish you hadn't opened it.:biggrin:

I hear you..........

I got this through one of my channel partners with Transamerica. Looks to me like they are taking steps to be more agent friendly. Looks like they are moving in the right direction. I just wrote one today on a lady that could only get graded elsewhere, Standard for Trans with first day coverage. Enjoy the read:

To: All Transamerica Sales Partners

We wanted to share some great news with you regarding changes in Transamerica’s final expense new business processing which will speed issue of many policies and simplify efforts for agents. The home office recently completed a review of the circumstances and rules for when an Amendment is required versus being able to Endorse a policy. An Endorsement does not require a customer signature and acceptance prior to issuing the policy, therefore speeding policy placement and payment of commissions. The good news is the rules have been updated to permit Endorsements of policies which previously warranted an Amendment. While the specifics of each case must be considered, the following are examples of situations where Transamerica has begun to use an Endorsement:

• When the Effective Date is changed to anything other than what is requested on the application, an Endorsement will be used.
• When there are minor name discrepancies such as correcting middle initials or agent spelling errors, an Endorsement will be used. A missing name will require an Amendment.
• When the birth date of the proposed insured or owner is missing but can be found on other forms, an Endorsement will be used.
• When the plan of coverage changes to a better rate class, an Endorsement will be used. If left blank or rate class is worse, an Amendment will be used.
• When the mode of payment is left blank, an Endorsement will be used assuming it can be determined from premium collected/authorized, age, rating class, amount of coverage etc.
• Transamerica will Endorse policies when the benefit or rider box is not checked but appropriate disclosure forms received and premium noted on the application includes the rider. An Amendment will continue to be used if a benefit or rider is excluded or denied.

A number of other items will be subject to the judgment of the New Business or Underwriting Department, but this provides a good idea of the positive changes made.

We appreciate your business and continue to welcome your input on ways to help improve Transamerica’s service to you and your clients.

So, when is this supposed to happen. Still taking over a week just to get a graded policy issued.

Back