What Companies Allow Replacements In Kentucky ?

Yeah, but DonP wants to target JD's clients. He's wanting to drop 20 replacement forms on JD's lap.

Since Jd’s probably got 40-50% of the mkt locked up 1/2 the cards mailed back will be his clients . As I said I know several fex agents and there making moves now to find a replacement carrier for kskj . Family benefit is really the only carrier with good rates and pretty good underwriting. Although their not near as aggressive as yrs ago .

You would definitely write a lot of business because you door knock every card. Nobody gets them all and you go into another guy’s territory and get some attention. There will be lots of folks that haven’t bought because they are waiting for a fresh face to show up at the door with a different approach.

I would say that's nonsense. No one is sitting there waiting to buy and just wanting to see someone different. Everyone I talk to has already seen several agents and most have bought something. And they will see agents after me too.

I never get leads in on thursday and all 15 be people I've not had a lead on before. And it's a rare week that none of them are current clients.

This week there was one that I sold a year ago. Helped her and her husband out and they were very happy. I called her and asked if she was looking to change. "No, I didn't realize what that was. We're good. If I ever need anything on my insurance I'll call you". I'm sure she will too.

I just threw the card away. But I also know that is not the only one she's mailed in. Other agents are going to get a card from her and call and/or DK her. Maybe it will be DonP, BibH or Petey?

That's the nature of this business. It's something the experts that don't do this business will ever understand. But they got advice anyway.

You realize that many times people are just talking shit, right?

Jd I never make selling personal . There’s too much business out there . And to be honest I never look at the name of the agent I’m replacing . My friend keeps agents cards he replaces like a stalker . But he also try’s to recruit some . But the truth is few agents ever go back and try to save a policy if it’s over a yr old . They could care less for $3 a month . Jd I drop 8-10 k mapd mailers a month . Many times I run the same county 4 times a yr . Because I’ve connected so well with these people I bet only 1 out of every 50 cards I get a repeat . The difference is I’m sending 4-5 pieces of mail a yr and calling 2 times a yr to say hello . I used to believe that few low income people could be loyal . But I learned many lonely and if you touch them multiple times a yr you can get loyalty . But mapd is 10 times the customer service of fe as it’s got 50 moving parts . Hell I bet 80% of death claims filed directly by beneficiary who has no idea who the agent is

Last edited:
Since Jd’s probably got 40-50% of the mkt locked up 1/2 the cards mailed back will be his clients . As I said I know several fex agents and there making moves now to find a replacement carrier for kskj . Family benefit is really the only carrier with good rates and pretty good underwriting. Although their not near as aggressive as yrs ago .

You have been predicting the demise of KSKJ for years. Hoping might be a better word.

I've not heard of even one FEX agent looking to replace KSKJ. They have made changes and some I don't like. But I'm looking forward to the new product and the underwriting. Maybe you will finally be right and it won't be good. If you predict the world is ending every day you will eventually be right.

I wish I had anywhere near the market share in my 17 counties that you say. I've got 3 $200K FE producers within 45 minutes of where I live. I'm sure they would have some say in that market share too.

As for KSKJ, I've written over $60K with them this year and I'm not in the top 10. Wonder when those agents are leaving?And all but one of the top 10 are FEX. You must be talking to the wrong people.

Jd I never make selling personal . There’s too much business out there . And to be honest I never look at the name of the agent I’m replacing . My friend keeps agents cards he replaces like a stalker . But he also try’s to recruit some . But the truth is few agents ever go back and try to save a policy if it’s over a yr old . They could care less for $3 a month .

I'm in agreement with you. Most do not come back. Mainly because most are still in the business. I do look at the agent because i know which ones will come back and I know what argument they will use.

It's not personal with me either. Nor is it a competition. Everyone that knows me knows how much I hate the production boards. I am competitive in almost everything. Playing basketball especially. I have terrible "white line fever". Horse showing I was super competitive. But it's a competition. I have never been competitive about work.

I would say that's nonsense. No one is sitting there waiting to buy and just wanting to see someone different. Everyone I talk to has already seen several agents and most have bought something. And they will see agents after me too.

I never get leads in on thursday and all 15 be people I've not had a lead on before. And it's a rare week that none of them are current clients.

This week there was one that I sold a year ago. Helped her and her husband out and they were very happy. I called her and asked if she was looking to change. "No, I didn't realize what that was. We're good. If I ever need anything on my insurance I'll call you". I'm sure she will too.

I just threw the card away. But I also know that is not the only one she's mailed in. Other agents are going to get a card from her and call and/or DK her. Maybe it will be DonP, BibH or Petey?

That's the nature of this business. It's something the experts that don't do this business will ever understand. But they got advice anyway.

Not nonsense.
Maybe that’s what it’s like where you are working ?
I travel so it’s a little different for me.
People are always telling me they get the cards all the time but I’m the first agent they’ve seen.
When I start hearing that,I write what I can and get the hell out of there.
I do get the repeaters,nature of the business.
Sometimes they buy the 2nd or 3rd time,sometimes I tell them once again not to mail any more cards in because they are costing me or another agent time and money. They never listen.
Sometimes it’s a current customer and I’ll write them a little more.

This happened recently when the client had a family member that recently passed. The family thought that “Betty Lou had it covered,she had this insherance for years and years”.
Turns out she did not.
The funeral home wanted $2500 to dig the hole and mama ended up laying in the funeral home for 9 days before they could get the money together.
I ended up writing him another 3k.

Not nonsense.
Maybe that’s what it’s like where you are working ?
I travel so it’s a little different for me.
People are always telling me they get the cards all the time but I’m the first agent they’ve seen.
When I start hearing that,I write what I can and get the hell out of there.
I do get the repeaters,nature of the business.
Sometimes they buy the 2nd or 3rd time,sometimes I tell them once again not to mail any more cards in because they are costing me or another agent time and money. They never listen.
Sometimes it’s a current customer and I’ll write them a little more.

This happened recently when the client had a family member that recently passed. The family thought that “Betty Lou had it covered,she had this insherance for years and years”.
Turns out she did not.
The funeral home wanted $2500 to dig the hole and mama ended up laying in the funeral home for 9 days before they could get the money together.
I ended up writing him another 3k.

I agree with this . I make a pt of asking people if another agent has ever knocked on their door.I’d say 60% say no agent ever has . I’ve also had people say” I mailed that in 6 weeks ago and I’ve been waiting for someone to come by. Its much rarer for fe over mapd to hear that .I’ve also knocked at least 5 doors the last few yrs were an agent was in the house . Last yr i was in a house an a LH 2 person team knocked on the door as i was writing the app. I knew it was an agent immediately when they knocked. I instructed the lady on how to get rid of them and she had no interest .

Back