You Ever Think About how Much Money You Waste on Leads?

Some consider it “haram” (sin) some don’t. Meaning you shouldn’t gain money on the life of someone. That’s how it was explained to me by one of my clients. Some take that teaching or understanding further than others. I have a few Muslim clients and I have been turned down by some Muslim business owners I have tried to sell. I also had three very good & successful fellow agents when I was captive that were Muslim and sold it to other Muslims. They argued against those Muslims who consider it “haram” so I guess to each their own.

The south Asian community is very welcoming if they trust you and you get a foot in. So are Hispanics. I have never had any Arab clients but that’s because I have never had the opportunity to approach or sell any. I had one client who was from Qatar but their father was from Pakistan.

I will say this, to throw away leads based on a last name is one of the most idiotic things an agent can do. Last year I sold two cases using google translator. I used it for the initial conversation to explain why I called and to ask for an English speaker. One introduced me to their daughter and the other used their tax person who was also a friend to translate. I have even used the insurance company and asked them if they had a customer service rep that spoke Spanish one time and used them to sell a $17 monthly premium.

Not to mention. You are judging them before you meet them. One of my biggest term cases came from a Chinese computer engineer who barely spoke English fluently. I was in my mid 20’s at the time. I tried to convince him to get a whole life policy since he kept buying ten year term policies and he was making 6 figures. In a very very broken English manner I remember he told me “I no interested in yo product.” I shut my mouth and rewrote him a new term policy.

Had to call to be let in and none agreed. Very few doors I knocked on let me in. None could give me a why other than they misunderstood. Card plainly states life insurance.

It's probably not the product but rather the sales process.

All the FE cards I've seen say the sender should reply "for more information" or "to learn more". Most people presume by mail, since the original solicitation was by mail and they're replying by mail.

I have yet to see one that says "send us your info and an FE salesman will show up at your door unannounced at an inconvenient time and insist on coming inside your home for an hour-long presentation and hard sell."

Yes, I know you're all ethical professionals and are only responding out of an earnest desire to help these families, blah blah...and I actually believe that about some of you. But even if you are all towering paragons of selfless charity, most of your competitors are more like the hard-sell, jam-my-foot-in-the-door, how-can-I-sign-you-up-today sort (whether it's life insurance or new windows) and most people don't want salesmen coming into their homes.

Some consider it “haram” (sin) some don’t. Meaning you shouldn’t gain money on the life of someone. That’s how it was explained to me by one of my clients.

It's a bit more complicated but practically speaking, it's a question of interpretation, so you're at the mercy of any individual lead's personal interpretation of his faith.

If you're curious, this link has a good summary:

Why is life insurance considered as un-Islamic?

Life and health insurance are less sticky than P&C. Life is probably the least controversial from what I've read (I'm not a Muslim or an Islamic scholar) since it's inevitable that someone will die, whereas many people go through life without a homeowner's claim.

There are parallels in Western civ, as in the 19th century there were some legal scholars who'd argue that life insurance (not STOLI, just regular life insurance) was a form of gambling and was illegal...or so I heard in an America's Professor lecture.

It's a bit more complicated but practically speaking, it's a question of interpretation, so you're at the mercy of any individual lead's personal interpretation of his faith.

If you're curious, this link has a good summary:

Why is life insurance considered as un-Islamic?

Life and health insurance are less sticky than P&C. Life is probably the least controversial from what I've read (I'm not a Muslim or an Islamic scholar) since it's inevitable that someone will die, whereas many people go through life without a homeowner's claim.

There are parallels in Western civ, as in the 19th century there were some legal scholars who'd argue that life insurance (not STOLI, just regular life insurance) was a form of gambling and was illegal...or so I heard in an America's Professor lecture.

ud think the way they blow themselves up and other sh*t theyd be all fur it LOL

Back