You Ever Think About how Much Money You Waste on Leads?

I have that problem with a Khristorozhdestvensky, or Ching's cousin Chen Chuan Chang. :eek:
When I first started in the business, I was at MetLife. We were doing mortgage protection mailers. We'd follow up the leads, then call all the non responders. One of my first sales was to a guy from India with the last name Bhattacharrya. My theory was that all the other agents probably skipped over him, scared to try to pronounce his name. I figured I might as well try! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

When I first started in the business, I was at MetLife. We were doing mortgage protection mailers. We'd follow up the leads, then call all the non responders. One of my first sales was to a guy from India with the last name Bhattacharrya. My theory was that all the other agents probably skipped over him, scared to try to pronounce his name. I figured I might as well try! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Before I bought targeted data lists, I was telemarketing out of the phone book. I came across a very long name that I wouldn't even try to pronounce, so I just called him by his 1st name...Joseph. When I went on the appointment he told me how to pronounce his last name and I put the pronunciation marks on his recipe card so I could refer to it. He had trouble squeezing his signature on the lines. Hes still got insurance with me and I still have to refer to that recipe card. :yes:

I'd put it on here, but I don't believe in putting my client's last names on a public forum. I have a few that I could've put on that "who's the most famous person you've sold" thread.

Before I bought targeted data lists, I was telemarketing out of the phone book. I came across a very long name that I wouldn't even try to pronounce, so I just called him by his 1st name...Joseph. When I went on the appointment he told me how to pronounce his last name and I put the pronunciation marks on his recipe card so I could refer to it. He had trouble squeezing his signature on the lines. Hes still got insurance with me and I still have to refer to that recipe card. :yes:

I'd put it on here, but I don't believe in putting my client's last names on a public forum. I have a few that I could've put on that "who's the most famous person you've sold" thread.
I wouldn't normally post a client's name, but apparently it's not an uncommon last name. I was careful not to post anything that would identify him directly.

I FOUND IT! I was looking all over YouTube to find this video again.

It SHOULD make you cringe:

I thought this was a joke, until the very end.

I did laugh when he said he was the top seller last month, wrote twelve policies, and was only there for six months.

That made me chuckle, I once worked at the same place.

Back