• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

You Ever Think About how Much Money You Waste on Leads?

I have that problem with a Khristorozhdestvensky, or Ching's cousin Chen Chuan Chang. :eek:
When I first started in the business, I was at MetLife. We were doing mortgage protection mailers. We'd follow up the leads, then call all the non responders. One of my first sales was to a guy from India with the last name Bhattacharrya. My theory was that all the other agents probably skipped over him, scared to try to pronounce his name. I figured I might as well try! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

When I first started in the business, I was at MetLife. We were doing mortgage protection mailers. We'd follow up the leads, then call all the non responders. One of my first sales was to a guy from India with the last name Bhattacharrya. My theory was that all the other agents probably skipped over him, scared to try to pronounce his name. I figured I might as well try! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
Before I bought targeted data lists, I was telemarketing out of the phone book. I came across a very long name that I wouldn't even try to pronounce, so I just called him by his 1st name...Joseph. When I went on the appointment he told me how to pronounce his last name and I put the pronunciation marks on his recipe card so I could refer to it. He had trouble squeezing his signature on the lines. Hes still got insurance with me and I still have to refer to that recipe card. :yes:

I'd put it on here, but I don't believe in putting my client's last names on a public forum. I have a few that I could've put on that "who's the most famous person you've sold" thread.

Before I bought targeted data lists, I was telemarketing out of the phone book. I came across a very long name that I wouldn't even try to pronounce, so I just called him by his 1st name...Joseph. When I went on the appointment he told me how to pronounce his last name and I put the pronunciation marks on his recipe card so I could refer to it. He had trouble squeezing his signature on the lines. Hes still got insurance with me and I still have to refer to that recipe card. :yes:

I'd put it on here, but I don't believe in putting my client's last names on a public forum. I have a few that I could've put on that "who's the most famous person you've sold" thread.
I wouldn't normally post a client's name, but apparently it's not an uncommon last name. I was careful not to post anything that would identify him directly.

I FOUND IT! I was looking all over YouTube to find this video again.

It SHOULD make you cringe:

I thought this was a joke, until the very end.

I did laugh when he said he was the top seller last month, wrote twelve policies, and was only there for six months.

That made me chuckle, I once worked at the same place.

Back