You Ever Think About how Much Money You Waste on Leads?

Wow, I never would've thought that there would be a ratio like that, that far north. Isn't that funny how people come to our country and instead of learning our language, we have to learn theirs to communicate with them?

Only in America. :wacko:
A lot of Dominicans and Puerto Ricans. Puerto Ricans usually speak English or have someone there that can translate for them since its a US territory. DR that's a different story. One thing I will say about Spanish people, once you're good with one, you're good with all of them in the family.

Always blows my mind that someone fills out an English lead card and claims they don’t speak English. I can usually still get in the door and figure out if that’s a door/objection excuse or they can’t speak it or if there someone there that can translate.

Always blows my mind that someone fills out an English lead card and claims they don’t speak English. I can usually still get in the door and figure out if that’s a door/objection excuse or they can’t speak it or if there someone there that can translate.
It's called selective understanding. A lot of the time they can understand English when they want to. :yes:

What I like is when they don't speak English but one of the kids does. They agree to translating but then they only want to translate the "important stuff". They skip all of the leading questions & stuff like that :realmad: lol like they aren't the ones that are going to be put as beneficiary or something?

Wow, I never would've thought that there would be a ratio like that, that far north. Isn't that funny how people come to our country and instead of learning our language, we have to learn theirs to communicate with them?

Only in America. :wacko:

I get a lot of folks from Puerto Rico who are getting the lead card, and they fill it out because it looks official, but they do not comprehend English well enough to understand the card on their own or to communicate an FE Presentation to them. Many of these older folks in my area came here recently and thus late in life, after their kids came and settled here first. The kids speak English, but the parents, who never intended to settle stateside, do not. If I can get to the door when the kids are home, it is very often a sale. The key is getting to the door when both the prospective primary insured and the son/daughter are home together, which is not as easy as one would think.

I get a lot of folks from Puerto Rico who are getting the lead card, and they fill it out because it looks official, but they do not comprehend English well enough to understand the card on their own or to communicate an FE Presentation to them. Many of these older folks in my area came here recently and thus late in life, after their kids came and settled here first. The kids speak English, but the parents, who never intended to settle stateside, do not. If I can get to the door when the kids are home, it is very often a sale. The key is getting to the door when both the prospective primary insured and the son/daughter are home together, which is not as easy as one would think.
Yeah, but it's getting to where English isn't our official language any more. Every now and then I call some place and when they give you the menu, they do it in Spanish before English. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but it's getting to where English isn't our official language any more. Every now and then I call some place and when they give you the menu, they do it in Spanish before English. :rolleyes:

Actually, America has no official designated language. There are many getting their naturalized citizenship and can’t speak a word of English.

Actually, America has no official designated language. There are many getting their naturalized citizenship and can’t speak a word of English.
"Official language status. There is no official language at the U.S. federal level. However, 32 states of the United States, in some cases as part of what has been called the English-only movement, have adopted legislation granting official status to English."

You are correct, but at the moment English is the most spoken language. If people are going to be citizens here, they need to learn English.

If you or I moved to Germany or France for example, wouldn't we be expected to learn their language. Do you think they'll print government forms in 63 different languages? :no:

Last edited:
People have to answer a bunch of questions verbally in English in order to pass the citizen test. I know 4 people that got their citizenship & they had to take English classes.

Now, whether or not they keep their English is a different story... out here in SoCal I am the minority as a white dude. One could easily never learn fluent English & do just fine here.

I received my first Spanish speaking robo telle call last week, I didn't answer message was left in Spanish clearly a recording and clearly an advertisement of some sort

Back