Agent New to Final Expense Needs Help

Hello, everybody
I am new to Final Expense and need some help from some of the experienced Final Expense agents, here on the forum.
I have been working on my sales presentation, and feel good about it so far. My problem lies in creating a good script on what to say when calling my mailer leads in order to set an appointment.
I know that I can just call and say that you filled out a card about final expense... blah... blah...blah.
I want to do something more then that. I want to create some sort of desire in the mind of the client to set the appointment.
I want to focus on the problem that many seniors have, that most don't even know they have. The problem they have is that social security only pays a death benefit of $ 225.00. From my reading, this is only paid out once per a married couple. The average funeral cost is $6000-$10,000. So, as you can see, there is a problem. But of course, this is too much to say when trying to just set an appointment from a lead card. But how can I create a desire in the clients mind when I call, based off these facts? Also, somebody else ( female ) will be the one setting the appointments for me. How does this sound?

Good Mourning, Mr. Jones
This is Mary Smith with Social Security Advisors. I'm calling because you recently wrote your information on a blue reply card and mailed it back to us, requesting information about Social Security and how it works in regards to your final expenses. Let me ask you something, Mr. Jones.
If something was to happen to you Mr. Jones, do you know how much social security will give your family?
Client: No
Mr. Jones, Social Security will give your family $ 225.00.
Do you think this is enough money to give you the funeral that you deserve and help your family with bills and other expenses Mr. Jones?
Client: No
Of course not, you and your family deserve more than
$ 225.00. During our appointment, we are going to show you how you can fix this problem, Mr. Jones. We are going to show how you and your family can receive thousands of dollars through a low cost final expense life program. Our Advisor will be in your area on tuesday. What time works better for you 3 or 4.
Client 4:00
oK, will well see you at 4:00 on Tuesday. Our Advisor is very busy helping other clients supplement and improve their Social Security Benefits. So please make sure to write this appointment down on your calendar Mr. Jones.
Thank You

Can you guys please help me improve this script. :biggrin:

Man - that made my eyes hurt . . .
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I want to focus on the problem that many seniors have, that most don't even know they have. The problem they have is that social security only pays a death benefit of $ 225.00.

Of course most of them know about this - because they probably have received a dozen mailers telling them the exact same thing - and - probably a dozen more phone blasts.

Good Mourning, Mr. Jones - This is Mary Smith with Social Security Advisors.

Why use the term Social Security? Most seniors already feel they are getting screwed by Social Security . . .

That script put me to sleep.

Why not just say - Mrs Jones the reason I'm calling is you recently mailed back a card requesting more information on our low cost Final Expense Insurance. Now, Ms. Jones - were you looking for coverage on yourself or another loved one?

Then use the rest of the script . . .

Tom

Last edited:
Why use the term Social Security? Most seniors already feel they are getting screwed by Social Security . . .

Tom

I agree with Tom on the use of the "Social Security" wording. Besides, it is possible the use of "Social Security Advisors" could get the FEDS stirred up, in a big way.

You could possibly be tarred and feathered, and hung up on the courthouse clock, where people could throw rocks at you until you learned not to use these words together ever again. :D :yes::skeptical::nah:
</IMG>

Rookie, is English your second language? You use the word "then" when it should be "than." Also, "Good Mourning,"-----who died? It should be "Good Morning." It was hurting my eyes to read, so there mabe other stuff in there. I'll Rick take care of it.:goofy:

Ok, what Tom said...go with it (yes Tom, I actually said that! ;)).
As for the rest, unless you plan on running all over town, chasing seniors that can't qualify once you get there, then I would do a little qualifying. At the very least you'll know which way you might be able to go with your potential client.
Oh, and just in case you didn't get it the 1st few times....DO NOT tell them you're with "Social Security Advisors"!! You see, all they hear is that you're with Social Security, then when they find out you're nothing but an insurance salesman, you'll be answering to the authorities faster than you slip on a fresh cow chip!:swoon:

She'll respond one of 3 ways:

1) I need some insurance on myself.

2) I need some insurance on my husband, daughter, sister, etc . . .

3) What the hell you calling me for - I didn't send back no damn card!

If it's one or two - say:

Ok great Ms. Jones - let's see which of OUR plans we can get you qualified for today:

~ When was the last time you were in the hospital?

~ Any problems with your heart, lungs, kidneys, diabetes - anything major?

~ What types of medications do you take and for what?

~ Now - Ms. Jones - you ladies always hate when I ask the next question - but, what is your height and weight?

~ How young are you Ms. Jones?

~ You don't smoke do you?

(keeping in mind Presidential's GI issue plan) Ok Great Ms. Jones - you qualify today to receive life insurance coverage!

Grab a pen real quick so you can write down some information for me. While you get that - there's one more discount I can get you today Ms. Jones if you have a membership with a local bank or one of them 'thare credit unions - which type do you use ? ? ?

Based on the above info - figure 2 quotes - one around $40 a month and one around $60 a month - unless they are older or health problems - then I use $5k and $10k pricing.

Now Ms. Jones - got that pen?

Great - write these down for me. On the left side of the paper write $40 and on the right side - write $60.

Now the $40 plan is for $10,000 natural death benefit and comes with an additional $10,000 in Accidental Death Benefit included, as a bonus for you. What that means is if you die from yellow fever or the hong kong flu - your family will receive $10,000 to use towards your burial expenses. Now - if you get hit by a bus or an airplane falls on your head - well, that's an accident and your family will get $20,000 instead of $10,000.

Now over on the right side - the $60 plan had $17,500 in natural death benefit and $35,000 with the accidential.

While you look those over - let me ask you - once you have your coverage Ms. Jones - who will be your beneficuary to receive the money? Your son Johnny - ok - great!

Ms. Jones - let me tell you about your new plan:

~ Your benefits will never decrease

~ Your premiums will never increase

~ The only way to lose this coverage is to not make the payment - but, you always pay your bills right Ms. Jones?

~ We have a system that helps you not lose your insurance. Instead of you having to worry about making the payment each month - we set it up where your bank / credit union will AUTOMATICALLY hande it for you - that's a blessing isn't it Ms. Jones? Never miss a payment!

Now - Ms. Jones - of those two plans you wrote down - which one do you want to leave Johnny when you pass?

The $60 one - excellent choice!

Let me get a little more information and we'll be all done in about 15 minutes.

What's your address Ms. Jones?

Go to the Application.

Good luck,

Tom

Back