Paper Applications VS Phone Applications

The pros are getting an answer. But the answer is not always the final answer so that's a huge con.

I prefer to not do phone interviews but more and more companies are using them now.

With most you still do a paper app. I like the ones that give me an option of not doing the interview so that I can move on if I'm short on time. KSKJ and Trinity and RNA have that option. But they will all call later if you don't do it. I much prefer to be there is there is going to be an interview.

The voice sig apps are different that what you are asking. Or it seems to be different.

I hate the voice apps with all companies. They do not save the agent time. They save the company time. I've done RNA voice apps that took almost an hour. The shortest with them has been 27-28 minutes. That's ridiculous.

maybe if an agent runs one or two appointments in a day and has time to sit there with the client and have lunch and dinner with them the voice app process is fine and dandy?

The best situation I've had in this business was with RNA before they did the voice app and only did a paper app and a phone interview. They had an "elite agent" program where, if you were one of those, you could skip the phone interview and they would not call them later either. Their phone interview then took less than 10 minutes so I did them most times. It was still nice to not have to do it when I didn't have time or just didn't want to do it.

If I were designing a system for agents that would be the model.

The other nice thing about RNA is they are strictly by the book in their underwriting. No gray area at all. You can be confident in their Rx guide and questions.

On another note...I did an RNA phone app in under 20 minutes this week. I also did a LBL that took 21min but some of that time was on hold. I personally don't like them while doing them but live them once they are over. Lol

Remember the days of 1 star. The optional phi. It was quick too.

The other nice thing about RNA is they are strictly by the book in their underwriting. No gray area at all. You can be confident in their Rx guide and questions.

On another note...I did an RNA phone app in under 20 minutes this week. I also did a LBL that took 21min but some of that time was on hold. I personally don't like them while doing them but live them once they are over. Lol

That's always been my experience with RNA. I've never once had a decline for a med not on their list. But other agents say they are constantly getting underwriting surprises by RNA. Especially cancer meds.

I hear that complaint regularly about RNA.

That's always been my experience with RNA. I've never once had a decline for a med not on their list. But other agents say they are constantly getting underwriting surprises by RNA. Especially cancer meds.

I hear that complaint regularly about RNA.

RNA most definitely does have a secret cancer list. I have even been told so by underwriting. I've only had it happen once. His doctor prescribed a med typically for breast cancer to treat ED. I have no idea why he thought that was an appropriate treatment, never does my client. He stopped seeing him not long after he was prescribed the medication. Fortunately I got him covered elsewhere with a letter from the doctor.

RNA most definitely does have a secret cancer list. I have even been told so by underwriting. I've only had it happen once. His doctor prescribed a med typically for breast cancer to treat ED. I have no idea why he thought that was an appropriate treatment, never does my client. He stopped seeing him not long after he was prescribed the medication. Fortunately I got him covered elsewhere with a letter from the doctor.

That's along the lines of what I hear. But about a year or so ago I sent an email to Deb W., the head of underwriting, about these complaints and asked her about a so called "secret list". She replied that there was no such list and they followed their underwriting. Since that was my experience I took her at her word.

She is no longer with the company. So, who knows now?

That's along the lines of what I hear. But about a year or so ago I sent an email to Deb W., the head of underwriting, about these complaints and asked her about a so called "secret list". She replied that there was no such list and they followed their underwriting. Since that was my experience I took her at her word.

She is no longer with the company. So, who knows now?

No idea. This happened roughly a year ago.

I heard about the secret list as well. I called on a guy that was taking some kind of cancer med for prostate cancer through the VA. I know I know, it wouldn't show up anyway, but I was replacing so I wanted to make sure he was covered.

Anyway, while I was on the phone the underwriter says they had another list of medications and found out that medication was OK.

But nothing is worse than being on a 20-25 min telesales call to get declined at the end.

That's why I like to write no POS carriers.

Back