Appointment Setting Objection Responses

And I guess preplanned practiced responses to objections don't work when closing the sale either. That's why there's so many help books about overcoming objections to the sale?

Yes, books written by people that can't sell. Why do you think they got into book writing? I guess they can sell books?

I would agree with your guess. Preplanned responses to questions not asked do not work. Every situation is different. What works one time may not work the next time. it certainly won't work every time.

There's no one size fits all so how could there possibly be one answer for all?

Yes, books written by people that can't sell. Why do you think they got into book writing? I guess they can sell books?

I would agree with your guess. Preplanned responses to questions not asked do not work. Every situation is different. What works one time may not work the next time. it certainly won't work every time.

There's no one size fits all so how could there possibly be one answer for all?

I agree one canned response to every objection won't work. That's why I opened this discussion. My original question was what objectionS do u hear and what responsES do u use that work? Not one objection, but several common objections. Not one response, but several responses. Not so I have one or many canned replies. But so I can add to my appt setting wit.
I freeze up when I hit objections to the appointment. Hence I'm not a good setter. And no one canned response will be appropriate for every objection. I know that. I mean if I tried to spew out all this stuff about price and I only need 10 minutes and how it's easiest to just come by ... I sound like a robot. It seems to make more sense to answer one objection with one counter. Why fuel their objection with all this stuff about price and time if their objection is that they already have insurance. I'm fishing to get a few more suggestions with actual objections and their replies. And to also share a few things that have worked for me.

----------

I do not have any super slick objection come backs so I will not try to offer any. However, you seem to belittle and act argumentative with the people you are asking help from. IMHO

I truly apologize if I seem that way. I'm not meaning to. Im looking to learn and share. Du u mean u don't have any automatic replies to specific objections to setting the appointment?

I didn't send a card.
I thought u'd just mail me something.
I'm too busy.

I didn't send a card. "Yes you did, that's why I'm calling you."

I thought u'd just mail me something. "I did mail you something and you sent it back to me saying you wanted me to contact you, which is why I'm calling you now."

I'm too busy. "I'm busy too, but I'll set a side a few minutes for you so your kids don't have to pay for your funeral because you were too busy to take 10 minutes out of your busy schedule to take care of your business."

I didn't send a card. "Yes you did, that's why I'm calling you."

I thought u'd just mail me something. "I did mail you something and you sent it back to me saying you wanted me to contact you, which is why I'm calling you now."

I'm too busy. "I'm busy too, but I'll set a side a few minutes for you so your kids don't have to pay for your funeral because you were too busy to take 10 minutes out of your busy schedule to take care of your business."

Yes you did, that's why I'm calling you. Great line. Simple yet effective. Call them a liar in a non offensive way. Lol. (Not putting u down btw. I'm going to use this. Shake em up a bit. )

I'm too busy. I usually get conversational. "Oh yeah? Me too. I've got kids AND pets. So I hear ya. Where do you work at?" And try to draw out their schedule. I end up by finding a time that will work and reiterate it only takes 10-15 minutes to go over the info. Doesn't work always. But if they keep throwing up this objection I just ask them. "So why'd u send in the card if u don't want the info?"

Yes you did, that's why I'm calling you. Great line. Simple yet effective. Call them a liar in a non offensive way. Lol. (Not putting u down btw. I'm going to use this. Shake em up a bit. )

I'm too busy. I usually get conversational. "Oh yeah? Me too. I've got kids AND pets. So I hear ya. Where do you work at?" And try to draw out their schedule. I end up by finding a time that will work and reiterate it only takes 10-15 minutes to go over the info. Doesn't work always. But if they keep throwing up this objection I just ask them. "So why'd u send in the card if u don't want the info?"

I'm going to have to disagree with the presentation of the rebuttal for, "I didn't send in a card". "Yes you did, that's why I'm calling you" is quite a bit condescending.

Try this instead. Ms. Client, I do understand why you would say that. You probably mailed this card back to us at least 3 weeks ago. Heck, I can't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday, much less 3 weeks ago! (laugh with them). When I come by, I'll show you the card with your signature on it. I'm sure that will be enough to remind you. Most people forget about it until they see the card again.

You should listen to Todd. I was just having a little fun with you. Although we feel like responding like that, I'd rarely do it. Only if they show attitude and piss me off.:laugh:

You should listen to Todd. I was just having a little fun with you. Although we feel like responding like that, I'd rarely do it. Only if they show attitude and piss me off.:laugh:

Whew! You scared me there for a minute! I really didn't know you were kidding around!

You're right though, there's a lot of things we would just LOVE to tell them, but we have to refrain...well...most of the time, LOL!

Back