FE Telesales, you do not need a mastery class

Rob Lion

Guru
Hey Everyone,
Lots of agents hit me up monthly from old posts regarding things to do with telesales since I've been selling over the phone for a while now i just wanted to drop by and say you do not need to drop big bucks on a course, or workshop to learn to sell over the phone. With COVID, insurance "influencers" are pimping these out to people, telesales is just a huge cash grab for people right now.
If you wanna do telesales just find a dedicated IMO there are a quite a few on the forum and a lot off the forum as well that do telesales and have always done telesales and not just doing it for a cash grab at people.

Hey Everyone,
Lots of agents hit me up monthly from old posts regarding things to do with telesales since I've been selling over the phone for a while now i just wanted to drop by and say you do not need to drop big bucks on a course, or workshop to learn to sell over the phone. With COVID, insurance "influencers" are pimping these out to people, telesales is just a huge cash grab for people right now.
If you wanna do telesales just find a dedicated IMO there are a quite a few on the forum and a lot off the forum as well that do telesales and have always done telesales and not just doing it for a cash grab at people.

Can’t be done! Can’t be done! Can’t be done! It’s all hocus- pocus!

Sorry. Just had some flash backs.

Master classes will give you some insight in to what you don't know. That's great. But if telesales is what you want to do, just partner with someone already focused. I mean before the virus.

Hey, I've been in the industry since 1990 and done pretty well. I give good phone and have a nice size book - but I thought it best to actually go to one of those "master classes" and it was a wise decision.

The so-called training from FMOs is usually a lot of people (who've never sold at the kitchen table) trying to write a script and teach agents how to suddenly do this all over the phone.

Have they ever tried to get accurate bank account info over the phone?

Have they ever had to keep the prospect on the phone when one carrier's phone interview go wrong and you have to go to another carrier?

Do they even know anything about voice inflection, or the mind-game that is so different for tele-sales than in-peron sales?

The training I attended was from an agent who writes serious FE premium on his own pen every day and showed us the numbers to prove it. Now that's who you want to tell you how to do it!

As for this being a "huge cash grab" I' know that's true of many training schemes in our industry. But the one I attended was one of the best training I've ever been to.

Look for the credibility in the trainer, ignore anyone with hype.

Hey, I've been in the industry since 1990 and done pretty well. I give good phone and have a nice size book - but I thought it best to actually go to one of those "master classes" and it was a wise decision.

The so-called training from FMOs is usually a lot of people (who've never sold at the kitchen table) trying to write a script and teach agents how to suddenly do this all over the phone.

Have they ever had to keep the prospect on the phone when one carrier's phone interview go wrong and you have to go to another carrier?

Do they even know anything about voice inflection, or the mind-game that is so different for tele-sales than in-peron sales?

The training I attended was from an agent who writes serious FE premium on his own pen every day and showed us the numbers to prove it. Now that's who you want to tell you how to do it!

As for this being a "huge cash grab" I' know that's true of many training schemes in our industry. But the one I attended was one of the best training I've ever been to.

Whose class was it? Not asking for myself, but since you’ve spoken so highly of it, other agents might want to look into it.

I took Kathy Glover's Telecademy FE course! Biggest takeaway was the call flow and how to move people from "hello" to the tele-interview with underwriting on the same call! Well worth the price of the course which at the present time is less than one issued app!

This is why i said join a dedicated telesales agency, you want a full operation who do nothing but sell over the phone. If you don't have the right leads, or system you will not have a good time in telesales despite how much NLP training you have.

I agree. If you're going to do telesales with a group they should not charge you for telesales training. That's what over writes are for.

All you really need is a well written script (one that shows you where to pause and where not to pause) along with 3 recorded training calls, one that's 2 hours, and 2 others each an hour long, focused only on FE telesales.

The rest comes with practice. Who charges their agents for telesales training?

I took Kathy Glover's Telecademy FE course! Biggest takeaway was the call flow and how to move people from "hello" to the tele-interview with underwriting on the same call! Well worth the price of the course which at the present time is less than one issued app!

It's best to be doing telesales where you don't have the interference of a 3 way call with an underwriter. Less problems.

Back