Fired Agent Today - Did I Overreact ??

Cyborg7

Guru
100+ Post Club
Man this was a rough day

Hated to do it but had to fire a rookie FE agent and To be honest I'm still shook up by it. This agent has five kids at home under the age of 7 .. So I feel a bit guilty taking away his livelihood.

We go out doorknocking and I'm able to get into a house down in the hood. My new agent was doing a ride along with me and started off by telling me how he's hungover. Then we get in the house and I look over and he's on an "adult website" on his iPhone during the appointment. As if that isn't bad enough he made a couple remarks in the home about Obama, Bill Cosby and Webster (old tv show) that were offensive to this customer. The straw that broke the camels back was when RIGHT IN FRONT of this client he asks me why I picked a certain carrier when clearly there was a different carrier that's a better deal for this lady..... That's when I lost my cool. I storm out and he follows me out the door. Then I tell him he's lucky I don't hip toss him into the traffic and I'm doing him a favor by merely firing him. Somedays are crazier than others !! I still wrote 9 apps for 9800 AP

Man this was a rough day

Hated to do it but had to fire a rookie FE agent and To be honest I'm still shook up by it. This agent has five kids at home under the age of 7 .. So I feel a bit guilty taking away his livelihood.

We go out doorknocking and I'm able to get into a house down in the hood. My new agent was doing a ride along with me and started off by telling me how he's hungover. Then we get in the house and I look over and he's on an "adult website" on his iPhone during the appointment. As if that isn't bad enough he made a couple remarks in the home about Obama, Bill Cosby and Webster (old tv show) that were offensive to this customer. The straw that broke the camels back was when RIGHT IN FRONT of this client he asks me why I picked a certain carrier when clearly there was a different carrier that's a better deal for this lady..... That's when I lost my cool. I storm out and he follows me out the door. Then I tell him he's lucky I don't hip toss him into the traffic and I'm doing him a favor by merely firing him. Somedays are crazier than others !! I still wrote 9 apps for 9800 AP

No way, dude, that is the exact same thing that happened to me yesterday. Thankfully, I still wrote 17 applications for $31,000 in AP

Back