First Telephone Sale with Columbian

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Just completed my first telesales with Columbian. If the recording worked, it was a fairly painless process but I would still much rather be face to face. This was a situation where the insured was in one town;r the payor/owner in another and I was in another so I had to do two voice authorization calls.. one with the insured and another with the owner. I did a paper app and then called in for the voice signatures.. Was a pain having to read the disclosers over the phone for the recording.. I prefer someone else to take care of that.. Taking the app and doing both phone calls took about a total of 50 minutes.. Now, to see if they issue.

Just completed my first telesales with Columbian. If the recording worked, it was a fairly painless process but I would still much rather be face to face. This was a situation where the insured was in one town;r the payor/owner in another and I was in another so I had to do two voice authorization calls.. one with the insured and another with the owner. I did a paper app and then called in for the voice signatures.. Was a pain having to read the disclosers over the phone for the recording.. I prefer someone else to take care of that.. Taking the app and doing both phone calls took about a total of 50 minutes.. Now, to see if they issue.
The LBL process has the agent reading several disclosures. It is a pain. I always try to read them quickly so I end up sounding like John Moschitta, the world’s fastest talking man!

The LBL process has the agent reading several disclosures. It is a pain. I always try to read them quickly so I end up sounding like John Moschitta, the world’s fastest talking man!

Settlers had a guy doing the POS PHI's that was a fast talker. He cut the time in half and you could clearly understand him. :yes:

Settlers had a guy doing the POS PHI's that was a fast talker. He cut the time in half and you could clearly understand him. :yes:
Oh, yeah, I remember that guy! One time I told him how much I appreciated him speeding it up. I think that’s who I learned it from. It’s great if you set it up the way he did, letting the prospect know that we’re going to go through this pretty quickly, but they can interrupt any time if something’s not clear or if they have a question.

I can't talk fast...I am a southern hillbilly with a strong accent.. Plus when I read a long passage my neck/throat starts to cramp due to the radiation scars in my throat and it really is painful.
FTR, I really hate POS interviews, especially doing telesales. I’d really rather have them call the client later. But I realize that might unhook the sale, so I just grit my teeth and start plowing on through!

Problem is all that, and NO decision. No thankyou.
Doesn't bother me with no decision... For 40+ years of my career there was no such thing as immediate decision. You took the app, collected the money, sent it to the home office by snail mail. If the app was not in good order, they mail you for more information and then you mailed the corrections back to them. In 3-4 weeks, you either got the policy, rate up or a decline letter. The next month you got paid. Getting a decision in two or three days seems like a miracle to me.. :yes:

Hey Rouse,

Next time do a 3 way call. Each person can be recorded saying what they need to say and you can read all the legal disclosures once instead of twice.

Hey Rouse,

Next time do a 3 way call. Each person can be recorded saying what they need to say and you can read all the legal disclosures once instead of twice.
Would have to have been a four way call.. Me, Insured, Owner, HO all in different cities.. Don't have the capability to make four way calls. Did two three way calls. Only had to read the disclosures that applied to each individual so only read them once.

Back