First Telephone Sale with Columbian

Would have to have been a four way call.. Me, Insured, Owner, HO all in different cities.. Don't have the capability to make four way calls. Did two three way calls. Only had to read the disclosures that applied to each individual so only read them once.

Oh, didn't know you had to get the home office involved with their telesales. Bummer.

Oh, didn't know you had to get the home office involved with their telesales. Bummer.
Yeah, it is a recorded line at the HO.. Can you imagine a boring job in the world than being the underwriter that has to sit there all day listening to the recordings of agents reading those disclosures to clients... :frown:

The LBL process has the agent reading several disclosures. It is a pain. I always try to read them quickly so I end up sounding like John Moschitta, the world’s fastest talking man!

Completed an LBL on Wednesday with a noticeable newer phone agent... at one point I leaned back in my chair took off my shoes and socks and started cutting my toe nails. :laugh:

...just kidding, but I sure did feel like it. :yes:

Just completed my first telesales with Columbian. If the recording worked, it was a fairly painless process but I would still much rather be face to face. This was a situation where the insured was in one town;r the payor/owner in another and I was in another so I had to do two voice authorization calls.. one with the insured and another with the owner. I did a paper app and then called in for the voice signatures.. Was a pain having to read the disclosers over the phone for the recording.. I prefer someone else to take care of that.. Taking the app and doing both phone calls took about a total of 50 minutes.. Now, to see if they issue.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I mean that sincerely. FYI, not all companies offering tele-voice signed apps require you to read the disclosures. Some just want to know if you either made your applicant aware of the disclosures, or emailed them. So long as you summarize to your client what those disclosures mean, that is usually sufficient. In any event, your first telesales experience is as bad as it gets. Good job!

Taking the app and doing both phone calls took about a total of 50 minutes.. Now, to see if they issue.

Even though this should be the worst experience you should have going forward, 50 mins. from beginning to completion is not all that bad. In comparison, how long would have taken you to present F2F in the home, close, and drive to your next appointment? There are advantages and disadvantages to both; efficiencies and inefficiencies as well.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I mean that sincerely. FYI, not all companies offering tele-voice signed apps require you to read the disclosures. Some just want to know if you either made your applicant aware of the disclosures, or emailed them. So long as you summarize to your client what those disclosures mean, that is usually sufficient. In any event, your first telesales experience is as bad as it gets. Good job!
Since the HO is recording it, I don't think they would accept a "summary"..

Let me clarify. Not all carriers underwriting require the recording of your reading the disclosures. All the one's that I work with just want a confirmation on the recording that the disclosures were provided to my client.

Which carriers do you use for voice sig ?

Which carriers do you use for voice sig ?
RNA is my favorite as far as the amount of time spent on the recording process. LBL is next, in terms of time spent. LBL uses DIMA to perform the health interview. Most of the time, you will get a patient and kind interviewer. There has been only one occasion when I purposely disconnected the call just to connect with a more polite and considerate interviewer. Third on my list for health interview process, time to complete the app., and attitude of interviewer would be Prosperity. Prosperity uses Apptical for their voice app. They ask a couple of irrelevant questions of your applicant, which I don't like. For example, they will ask the applicant if they are aware of something having to do with health insurance. If you don't prepare your applicant for that question and how to respond, the applicant will get confused and may wonder whether they are applying for life insurance only, or life and health insurance.

In effort to be more helpful concerning Apptical's irrelevant question, they ask the applicant if they are aware that purchasing health insurance is not a requirement for the insurance they are applying for. Something weird like that. Then they follow that up with another health insurance related question!!! Can you see how confusing that can be to your client, if they are not prepared?

Back