Great Western

I have a conscious . I'm not going to put a family at risk that depends on this insurance for their family's security. There's so many ways for this company to deny claims . Mr Boman if you truely care about the client the money will flow like a river.Boman im not concerned about legitimate cos contesting claims. I'm concerned about ambigious apps that allow the company to deny claims. I have no interest in the level product.

Last edited:
Oh.. I forgot.. I have never had a death claim that wasn't paid, including the three that died before I received the policy back form the company. And, didn't have any problems with the waiver of premium claim on the train accident victim.

I have a conscious . I'm not going to put a family at risk that depends on this insurance for their family's security. There's so many ways for this company to deny claims . Mr Boman if you truely care about the client the money will flow like a river.

Oh trust me I care! I've only had one never paid and they admitted they lied to me and was happy with just the money returned. You just dwell on this all the time! My job is to read the questions, check the medicines and write the app. I'm not a doctor.

I have a conscious . I'm not going to put a family at risk that depends on this insurance for their family's security. There's so many ways for this company to deny claims . Mr Boman if you truely care about the client the money will flow like a river.

I am not that cynical about companies. I have seen a couple go out of their way to find a reason to pay the claim. However, companies do have to make sure the claim is just because if they pay claims that should not be paid, then that could put the company at risk.

----------

Oh trust me I care! I've only had one never paid and they admitted they lied to me and was happy with just the money returned. You just dwell on this all the time! My job is to read the questions, check the medicines and write the app. I'm not a doctor.

You are correct.. But it makes your job a whole lot easier to do properly if the company interpretation of the questions is not so vague that you have no idea whether you are answering the question truthfully or not. I like the way JD puts it.. "work with companies that make your job easier not harder".. Vagueness just makes the job harder.

You must not have ever seen agent sued by the insured's family over a contested claim. In the old days, they just sued the company.. not the case anymore.. They bring suit against everyone in sight. Hopefully you have E&O to cover any claim but you are going to have to pay the deductible out of pocket. And, win, loose or draw you have the time that is involved in preparation and being in court. We are talking about a bit more than pizza money.

I don't know how many I have written that have died within the first two years but I have had 3 that died within the first 2 weeks.. plus a couple of close calls.. Had one young man that was hit by a train about 6 hours after I took his application.. He was paralyzed for life. Had another on a motorcycle that left the house at the same time I did after I wrote him. He was on his way to the bank. I made one collection call and then on my way to the next I came upon a motorcycle accident. My newest insured was unconscious and lying in the middle of the street. A car had pulled out in front of him and he T-bone it on the bike. Threw him all the way across the roof of the car. Turned out he wasn't hurt very badly but I was already making preparations to file the death claim. :)

I would like to see an example of an agent sued because the company didn't pay the claim. I would also like to know of an example where a company was sued for not paying an FE claim. What are the particulars of the case and what was the outcome?

I'm warning people that great westerns app is very ambigious that's all. Many other co's might pick things up in the mib or rx check as a backdrop.I also ask the questions and write the rx's down like you.What your telling me is every company is equal in paying claims which is total bs. Ask Jd if 1 star will look for a way to get out of a claim. There was a subject on here not long ago how Uhl was denying tons of contestable claims. I want to write for carriers that look for ways to pay the claim.If you don't like my warnings to other agents that's fine just ignore me.

I am not that cynical about companies. I have seen a couple go out of their way to find a reason to pay the claim. However, companies do have to make sure the claim is just because if they pay claims that should not be paid, then that could put the company at risk.

----------

You are correct.. But it makes your job a whole lot easier to do properly if the company interpretation of the questions is not so vague that you have no idea whether you are answering the question truthfully or not. I like the way JD puts it.. "work with companies that make your job easier not harder".. Vagueness just makes the job harder.

I was listening to Equitable's FE webinar while we've been having this discussion, and Bill Ellsworth said that if it's not asked on the app, don't worry about it. He even covered marijuana. He said it's not asked on the app, so no problem. He even made a joke about it when covering the smoking questions.

I would like to see an example of an agent sued because the company didn't pay the claim.

I don't have case records but it has happened.. Happened to an agent in this area. it was claimed that the agent did not fill out the application properly.. the case was decided in favor of the company and the agent. If it agent was never sued in those cases, E&O would not be needed or would at least be a lot cheaper.

Here is a TN case where the agents were sued becasue the claim was not paid. In this case, the agents apparently did nto fill out the app correctly... they lost the suit.

http://www.propertyinsurancecoverag...ay-be-liable-for-failing-to-procure-coverage/

Last edited:
I'm warning people that great westerns app is very ambigious that's all. Many other co's might pick things up in the mib or rx check as a backdrop.I also ask the questions and write the rx's down like you.What your telling me is every company is equal in paying claims which is total bs. Ask Jd if 1 star will look for a way to get out of a claim. There was a subject on here not long ago how Uhl was denying tons of contestable claims. I want to write for carriers that look for ways to pay the claim.If you don't like my warnings to other agents that's fine just ignore me.

But if you look up your posts you're constantly saying this about every company except trans. Any company could find a reason to contest. I haven't even looked at GW app and don't care to. Soon as I saw that you posted I knew what it was going to say before I read it.

There's not a company out there that looks for reasons to pay a claim. They all will turn over every spec of dust to get out of paying.

----------

I don't have case records but it has happened.. Happened to an agent in this area. it was claimed that the agent did not fill out the application properly.. the case was decided in favor of the company and the agent. If it agent was never sued in those cases, E&O would not be needed or would at least be a lot cheaper.

Here is a TN case where the agents were sued becasue the claim was not paid. In this case, the agents apparently did nto fill out the app correctly... they lost the suit.

An Insurance Agent May Be Liable For Failing to Procure Coverage : Property Insurance Coverage Law Blog

One example and it's not about FE. I specifically asked about an "FE claim".

We hear these stories all the time. There's a local story here about a family having a spaceship land in their yard.

I believe that story just as much as the horror stories about agents being sued over FE claims.

Wonder why no company will tell you what percentage of contestable claims they actually pay? Not a single company will give that info. Even when asked. You know damn well they know exactly what the number is. Why is it secret?

Back