Great Western

There's not a company out there that looks for reasons to pay a claim. They all will turn over every spec of dust to get out of paying.

----------

One example and it's not about FE. I specifically asked about an "FE claim".

We hear these stories all the time. There's a local story here about a family having a spaceship land in their yard.

I believe that story just as much as the horror stories about agents being sued over FE claims.

Wonder why no company will tell you what percentage of contestable claims they actually pay? Not a single company will give that info. Even when asked. You know damn well they know exactly what the number is. Why is it secret?

Doesn't Settlers say they pay 97% of claims?

You must not have ever seen agent sued by the insured's family over a contested claim. In the old days, they just sued the company.. not the case anymore.. They bring suit against everyone in sight. Hopefully you have E&O to cover any claim but you are going to have to pay the deductible out of pocket. And, win, loose or draw you have the time that is involved in preparation and being in court. We are talking about a bit more than pizza money. I don't know how many I have written that have died within the first two years but I have had 3 that died within the first 2 weeks.. plus a couple of close calls.. Had one young man that was hit by a train about 6 hours after I took his application.. He was paralyzed for life. Had another on a motorcycle that left the house at the same time I did after I wrote him. He was on his way to the bank. I made one collection call and then on my way to the next I came upon a motorcycle accident. My newest insured was unconscious and lying in the middle of the street. A car had pulled out in front of him and he T-bone it on the bike. Threw him all the way across the roof of the car. Turned out he wasn't hurt very badly but I was already making preparations to file the death claim. :)

Lmao...I read this and immediately thought, "I wonder if JD has responded yet?"

He sure did, in the exact same manner I would. I've been a forum member for 2 years and I've asked, and JD has asked, more than a couple times to see 1 instance of an agent getting sued over a $15k policy FE policy.

Happy Googling.

He sure did, in the exact same manner I would. I've been a forum member for 2 years and I've asked, and JD has asked, more than a couple times to see 1 instance of an agent getting sued over a $15k policy FE policy.

Happy Googling.

Its as elusive as a clean dress on Monica Lewinsky :D

Happy Googling.

Here's one that made it all the way to the AL Supreme Court..

MUTUAL SAVINGS LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY v. Mutual Savings Life Insurance Company). | FindLaw

Has anyone on the forum written any app GI or immediate with them as yet.
What about turn around time, policy delivery and commission payments?

My agent contracting is still pending but I've submitted my first app for immediate coverage. GW drafts on the date you state on the app, then prints and mails policy after first premium is received, no matter if initial draft is requested 30 days out. I have a policy number already, client is approved, but they wait till the draft has cleared, in my case on 10/07, before moving forward to print/mail.

As I was told commission is paid days after initial premium has cleared. Six month advance max.

I was also told they're swamped so it's not a speedy process. In other words give at least two weeks if your client wants a future initial draft date between the time you write them. Hope this helps.

What do you think that is about? That is not about an agent being sued. Nor is it about a company being sued. Well, it is kinda that. The lady was asking for records in order to bolster her suit in the denying of a claim. The company refused the discovery request.

This cited legal action is about compelling the company to comply with the requested discovery.

it says nothing about how the case was handled once the lady got the records or if she even got the records.

Back