Internet Lead Process/Script

Falstaff? Didn't they go out of business? How old was that beer?

Did you smoke a Chesterfield while drinking the beer?

Falstaff? Didn't they go out of business? How old was that beer?

Did you smoke a Chesterfield while drinking the beer?

Unfiltered Ralieghs were better.... You got a coupon with each pack, remember?

Has anyone tried pre-set appointments? If so what are your experiences and what are some good companies to deal with. I mainly sell Final Expense products.

First let me say. I really enjoy the posts on this forum, very informative.

I do have several questions:

I get a calling list from the agency I work for. These folks are neighbors, of folks who have taken out policy's with us.

Our scrip is supposed to be : Hi Mr or Mrs, this is ________
How are you today? Well I am very glad to here that or I am so sorry. However the reason for my call is. I am calling in response to your request for Life,health,Ltc etc. Insurance.

The customer then will say something like: I didn't send in for any info. Or I never requested any information.

Then we have to say ; Well maybe a family member sent in the request on your behalf.

Some may think it over and let you to talk with them. Others however get very nasty. Demanding how you got their information and so on.

What would be the best way to get these folks attention?

I guess I am looking for a different approach. Any suggestions would be great.

First let me say. I really enjoy the posts on this forum, very informative.

I do have several questions:

I get a calling list from the agency I work for. These folks are neighbors, of folks who have taken out policy's with us.

How are you today? Well I am very glad to here that or I am so sorry. However the reason for my call is. I am calling in response to your request for Life,health,Ltc etc. Insurance.

The customer then will say something like: I didn't send in for any info. Or I never requested any information.

Then we have to say ; Well maybe a family member sent in the request on your behalf.

Some may think it over and let you to talk with them. Others however get very nasty. Demanding how you got their information and so on.

What would be the best way to get these folks attention?

I guess I am looking for a different approach. Any suggestions would be great.

I never start the conversation with "How are you today". That is a huge red flag letting them know that you are calling to sell them something. When I pick up the phone and hear "How are you today" I immediately hang up.

I sell Medicare Supplements and when I call from a list I start the conversation by introducing myself and telling them why I am calling.

"Hello Mrs Smith, my name is Frank Stastny. The reason I'm calling is you recently requested information about the changes in Medicare. You are on Medicare aren't you?"

If I were to pause after I say "...about the changes in Medicare" I give them the opportunity to take control of the conversation by saying they didn't make the request. By not pausing after I say that and immediately adding "You are on Medicare aren't you?" I have asked them a very simple question that I already know the answer to and retain control of the call.

They may want to say that they didn't request any information but they are going to feel compelled to answer my question by saying "Yes". During the conversation I never give them the chance to tell me that they didn't request the information.

Both what you say and the timing with which you say it is critical in being able to get through the first fifteen to twenty seconds of the conversation.

Then we have to say ; Well maybe a family member sent in the request on your behalf..

Nothing like trying to start the relationship off with deceit and lies.

Brutal. Absolutely brutal.

Here's my suggestion: get away from this agency as soon as you can, and find one that operates with integrity.

Frank said it best - "the reason I'm calling is . . . "

Remember - you can't help stupid.

Tom

I never start the conversation with "How are you today". That is a huge red flag letting them know that you are calling to sell them something. When I pick up the phone and hear "How are you today" I immediately hang up.

I sell Medicare Supplements and when I call from a list I start the conversation by introducing myself and telling them why I am calling.

"Hello Mrs Smith, my name is Frank Stastny. The reason I'm calling is you recently requested information about the changes in Medicare. You are on Medicare aren't you?"

If I were to pause after I say "...about the changes in Medicare" I give them the opportunity to take control of the conversation by saying they didn't make the request. By not pausing after I say that and immediately adding "You are on Medicare aren't you?" I have asked them a very simple question that I already know the answer to and retain control of the call.

They may want to say that they didn't request any information but they are going to feel compelled to answer my question by saying "Yes". During the conversation I never give them the chance to tell me that they didn't request the information.

Both what you say and the timing with which you say it is critical in being able to get through the first fifteen to twenty seconds of the conversation.

Thanks this helps a lot.

Back