Internet Lead Process/Script

The best way to generate leads are referrals through clients. The FMO, Ideal Producers Group out of Kansas City, uses an online marketing application called Financial Help Centers. financialhelpcenters.com/about
it is their #1 lead source. Every agent that subscribes to the service gets their own exclusive lead souce.
The way it works is you give away a best selling financial book in exchange for a warm lead. Go to the website and check it out and read the testimonials.

That is sort of the point that I was getting at in my last post. It's got to be cheaper to generate your own leads, and those have to be easier to close. I just really like staying busy.

I just really like staying busy.

Can't deposit "busy"... being busy doesn't, by itself, produce profit... GM was busy

what you described as a marketing effort is really nothing more than "trading your time for money" and that's what self-employed people do...whether they are doctors, lawyers or insurance agents...if they aren't "busy" they aren't getting paid.

find a way to "trade your money for time", time that you can spend more profitably than door knocking

the more successful you become at "trading your money for time", the more money you'll have to spend for even more time... and if you're capable of leading, you one day might become a small business owner who doesn't have to put in time to make money.

There are still decent vendors for leads. I only sell LTCI, but the site i just started using longtermcareinsleads has told me that once they are sold out they are not letting new people sign up for their leads because they want agents to have quality leads that arrive daily as opposed to getting two or three a month. My point is that I believe the business of selling insurance leads is evolving in a positive direction because their business model will not work if they just dump garbage on agents.

Lara,
I understand you thoughts, but my experience has been that vendors will sell that lead as many times as they can. Why not make as much money as possible from a lead. If you questions them about it, any will tell you that the prospect must have filled out another lead on another site. You can then ask the prospect and he/she says they only went to one site...
The only way to tell is to submit your own info in their lead generation site and see what happens. You might be shocked.

Here's the difference, Somarco, John, Moonlight and myself (and others I may have forgot to add) are what I consider:

Sales Professionals

Not salesman.

And you can tell the difference by our approach even though we agree to disagree. We still have the customer service mentality.

Salesman has become a derogatory term for those that go after the cash, have limited skills and don't care about the clients. A snake oil salesman, used car salesman a stock broker from boiler room.

My Father was a sales professional, he taught me that if you take care of the client and worry about making them happy, then the money will take care of itself and you don't ever have to worry about it.
Your Father gave you some excellent advice!

Rob -

Not sure who you are trying to sell, or train, but it isn't working on me. If you are not-so-subtly pitching your services to others, fine.

I know exactly what I am doing when working with a prospect. My style is something that cannot be taught. Either you have it or you don't.

I give my client ample opportunity to buy but I never sell them a thing. I gently direct them to look at things in a different light while always making them feel as if they are in control. They never feel pressure but that does not mean that I do not give them reason to buy. I lay out the consequences of delay and ALWAYS give them a choice.

As I said earlier. What I do drives trainers crazy because I never do the same thing twice. I have learned canned sales pitches and it always comes out unnatural. I have used props, flip charts, power point and eventually get back to what is natural.

A yellow pad, asking questions, then listening and taking copious notes.

Most folks are too smart to be led around by a fancy pitch . . . at least, that is the way it is with my clients. I sell folks you and John never could and vice versa.

So what?

This is not a game where the guy with the most toys wins.

At least not to me.

You guys have fun thumping your chest. The only reaon I responded is because Josh asked for someone who has an 8:1 ROI to share what they do.

I do and I did.

I feel no need to justify my approach to anyone. And I seriously doubt there are more than a handful of guys on this forum who do what I do with my clients.

No big deal.

AMEN! Do what you are comfortable with, if it is working for you use it, if not change it. Just that simple, yes I agree you need to think about what you are going to say when you make the call. But you don't need to over think it, because then it sounds just like the 8th or 10th agent they talked to and was turned off by them. But if is is comfortable to you then your potetial client will be comfortable too and they will open up to you.

People that spam the board with diregard to forum rules after being warned should have their accounts cancelled immediately.

Back