NASB Agent Harassing my Client

I wouldn't wast 5 minutes trying to get someone's license yanked. I'm a salesman not a crusader. How do you know the "client" isn't lying to you about whatever happened? I make the sale or not and move on.

you're a big talker about getting peoples licenses yanks. It takes hearings and full under oath statements from the client for that to happen. And it needs to be blatant fraud not some bs complaint from an agent.You don't think 100 agents a month cry sour grapes to state insurance depts. a month about other agents?

I agree with Biggin. Life is too short to pursue most legal and licensing issues with other agents and State Ins. Depts.
That's part of the problem with the Country today. People are too litigious and worry about what others are doing instead of what they have to do.
That's my two cents for the day and it's probably only worth a penny.

you're a big talker about getting peoples licenses yanks. It takes hearings and full under oath statements from the client for that to happen. And it needs to be blatant fraud not some bs complaint from an agent.You don't think 100 agents a month cry sour grapes to state insurance depts. a month about other agents?

Why don't you do some research and see how many agents our insurance commissioner, Mary Taylor, has axed in her 5 years.

I see more prospects in one year than you do in 5 years. That's a fact. Trust me on this...when an agent clean-sheets a prospect with COPD, they are going to lose their license. Especially when the prospect currently has an existing policy where COPD was disclosed. It seems more the trend that insurance companies are taking bad agents to task with state insurance departments.

Just because you haven't had any experience with dishonest and unethical agents does not mean others haven't.

----------

I agree with Biggin. Life is too short to pursue most legal and licensing issues with other agents and State Ins. Depts.
That's part of the problem with the Country today. People are too litigious and worry about what others are doing instead of what they have to do.
That's my two cents for the day and it's probably only worth a penny.

The problem is that agents think they can lie to prospects with impunity. The problem with he country today is that thieves, liars, and cheats are not held to task. Justice aids the vigilant, not those who sleep on their rights.

I am not referring to sales gimmicks that agents use. I am referring to dishonesty, lying, and other actions that violate codes of conduct.

----------

The problem is that agents think they can lie to prospects with impunity. The problem with he country today is that thieves, liars, and cheats are not held to task. Justice aids the vigilant, not those who sleep on their rights.[/QUOTE]

That may be "the problem" but is the solution to "run and tell teacher"? For me I try to do what I can for the client and move on. Clean sheeters do it because they are desperate for money and they are desperate for money because they suck at selling life insurance. They won't be around long anyway.

Replacing the fraudulent policy is the best way to deal with it.
This "Save the World" mentality is a time waster.

You bring up the problem with our country in one sentence and then another you say "save the world" mentality is a time waster.

Who said save the world? I'm talking about saving my business. When agents lie to my clients, there are consequences. It is simple...don't lie or mislead prospects; there is no need to.

----------

The problem is that agents think they can lie to prospects with impunity. The problem with he country today is that thieves, liars, and cheats are not held to task. Justice aids the vigilant, not those who sleep on their rights.

That may be "the problem" but is the solution to "run and tell teacher"? For me I try to do what I can for the client and move on. Clean sheeters do it because they are desperate for money and they are desperate for money because they suck at selling life insurance. They won't be around long anyway.[/QUOTE]

So protecting your book of business is equated to running and telling the teacher? Seriously?

----------

Sure, nobody likes to have their business replaced. But it is an accepted fact of life in this business. Just suck it up and move on. But if you lie, cheat and do other things to replace a policy of mine, well, you know...

I think it is sad that agents will just roll over so easily.

Last edited:
That may be "the problem" but is the solution to "run and tell teacher"? For me I try to do what I can for the client and move on. Clean sheeters do it because they are desperate for money and they are desperate for money because they suck at selling life insurance. They won't be around long anyway.

So protecting your boom of business is equated to running and telling the teacher? Seriously?[/QUOTE]

Why would you spend money to tattle on an agent? You are the " attorney on retainer guy" right? Whatever. You can do what you like with your business. Protect your book by educating your clients and put your business back in force and move on. Why go the extra step to go after the agent? How would you know that your client isn't lying to you about what happened?

Back