NASB Agent Harassing my Client

This is something I would not involve myself in. This is a client who may not be all there. If the OIC looks into it, all agents may be explaining themselves about this situation.

I agree with another poster that whom ever is in front of this person is their agent. This may just be a very lonely person who wants the attention and company an agent provides. You yourself mention talking with him every 3 days or so.

Document the crap out of this as you're in the middle of it, because this sure looks like a Glen Neasham situation brewing. There may be an issue of client cognitive ability going on. You mention the person being unaware of how much premium is being paid out.

Be careful here, you may feel you're rescuing this person and the OIC may think you're one of many agents signing up a pushover.

The problem with this situation is that the client will eventually fill out another card...

Another agent will sit with him...

and

The client can easily be talked into making another bad decision

Because this client now understands that he was taken advantage of by the other agents. I've also had to hold his hand, figuratively, he will call me every couple days. No other agent he had would take his calls or call him back when he left a VM.

I told him he should've just kept his two Foresters policies. The client now sees me as a "Trusted Advisor." So that will hopefully help. :yes:

I have done the same as you many times. A few times it has been a waste of time. However, it was the right thing to do so I did it. The majority of the time I gained a client and I get referrals. There are a couple FE agents locally that have called me accusing me of stocking them because I have undone so much of their business.

I would call the other agent, tell her that the next call will be with the client to the companies if she does not back off.

I have done the same as you many times. A few times it has been a waste of time. However, it was the right thing to do so I did it. The majority of the time I gained a client and I get referrals. There are a couple FE agents locally that have called me accusing me of stocking them because I have undone so much of their business.

I would call the other agent, tell her that the next call will be with the client to the companies if she does not back off.

I do more annuities and I tend to have the client sign a letter of instruction having the customers phone number placed on the companies internal do not call list for them and any of its agents. In a case like this I would specifically list said agent and I would cc the agent and the DOI on the correspondence among other things. I don't actually send the DOI a copy unless the client is willing to sign a complaint.

This tends to end the calls without the client having to do the saying of no.

funeral expense agents over all are the biggest complainers 100-1 to the insurance dept.I assure you the doi throws away 99% of funeral expense agents complaints as its just sour grapes.when you deal with low educational clients it tends to cause abuse and finger pointing. anyone can complain on someone else

funeral expense agents over all are the biggest complainers 100-1 to the insurance dept.I assure you the doi throws away 99% of funeral expense agents complaints as its just sour grapes.when you deal with low educational clients it tends to cause abuse and finger pointing. anyone can complain on someone else

I am not a FE agent more annuities and I use the letter of instruction to get those willing to follow the law to leave my customers alone. An agent with prior business relationship can call regardless of federal DNC list but if the customer is on the companies internal DNC with instructions that an agent of the company should not conserve the business gets rid of a lot of problems especially when you consider selling annuities the commission has already been earned I just need to push the difficulty level for the existing agent up a little and they just let the funds go.

I believe a better use of the letter in this case is to contact the company with the client on the line and inform the they have an agent of the company violating the instructions and we have to assume that said agent of the company must be acting on instructions of the company's that the case? I bet they lean on the agent to let it go.

But the best advice is to hopefully not need a nervous Nellie client like this.

Don't know about GA, but in TN they throw away 99% of all agents complaints.. not just FE... They seldom will act unless they have a complaint from a consumer.

Sure sounds like the NASB juice to me - always trashing the fraternals... Sorry that Foresters has only been around 120 years and has one of the highest ratings in the business. Not that they are my go-to carrier, but NASB used to ALWAYS tell their agents to dive into a Foresters replacement from the fraternal angle to scare the client. Hope it works out with your client!

Back