NASB Agent Harassing my Client

They are writing fraternals now. Must be greasing craigs palm

I see NASB is writing Foresters now. They bashed and replaced many Foresters plans during their PRE-Foresters days. Every other conference call was a "how to" on scaring the clients about having a Foresters certificate to now reversing course and loving on them.

Ahhh what a difference a year makes. Such is life, in the game of sales! :D

I replaced a policy recently where the customer had Lincoln. The Lincoln agent, who is female left me a nasty message and threatening text. I kept it! It basically says this is your first and only warning to not take my customers. Ooh like I am scared, lol. I called her to tell her we live in America where you have freedoms such as saving money on life insurance. She then went on to tell me that this was her customer like she owned her. I told her you need a dose of reality and slavery was outlawed quite some time ago. She called me nasty name and hung up.

I had a phone sales agent out of Florida that told a lady on her answering machine that she feared for her life from me. She told her that any agent that would be so desperate as to replace already existing business is a con artist and unethical and no telling what they will do. You should never let them in your home. She went on to say that if the lady did not return her call within an hour she was fearing the worst and she was going to call the local police to check on her.

Needless to say the lady had a very good laugh over this.

First let me say, I am a captive. I work for one of the Big 3 that all of you have heard of. That being said, I (my agency) have an attorney on retainer. When in this type of situation, the independent agent will receive a cease and desist letter. Then a complaint gets filed with the Department of Insurance. I have even filed civil actions. As a result of my due diligence, over the past 10 years, 7 independent agents have lost their license for unethical actions.

I encourage all of you to do the same. With all of the production that everybody has around here, surely you can afford $1500 for a retainer. Just one of the costs of doing business.

First let me say, I am a captive. I work for one of the Big 3 that all of you have heard of. That being said, I (my agency) have an attorney on retainer. When in this type of situation, the independent agent will receive a cease and desist letter. Then a complaint gets filed with the Department of Insurance. I have even filed civil actions. As a result of my due diligence, over the past 10 years, 7 independent agents have lost their license for unethical actions.

I encourage all of you to do the same. With all of the production that everybody has around here, surely you can afford $1500 for a retainer. Just one of the costs of doing business.

Are you saying the independent that is replacing your policy will receive a cease and desist...or are you saying the harassing agent receives it?

And what kind of ambulance chaser do you get for a $1,500 retainer?:skeptical:

Are you saying the independent that is replacing your policy will receive a cease and desist...or are you saying the harassing agent receives it?

And what kind of ambulance chaser do you get for a $1,500 retainer?:skeptical:

The agent doing the harassing will get the letter. Good old fashioned competition is fine but when another agent resorts to unethical actions, well, you know what happens.

In regards to your retainer question. Simply call a reputable firm and explain what you want. They bill in 15 minute increments. It normally takes 15 minutes for you to explain the problem and 15 minutes for him to write a cease and desist letter. The attorney bills your retainer for 30 minutes of work. Mine charges $475 per hour. So $1500 is a fair amount for an average retainer.

The agent doing the harassing will get the letter. Good old fashioned competition is fine but when another agent resorts to unethical actions, well, you know what happens. In regards to your retainer question. Simply call a reputable firm and explain what you want. They bill in 15 minute increments. It normally takes 15 minutes for you to explain the problem and 15 minutes for him to write a cease and desist letter. The attorney bills your retainer for 30 minutes of work. Mine charges $475 per hour. So $1500 is a fair amount for an average retainer.

I've spent an embarrassing amount on legal fees over the last 15 years...$1,500 retainer is cheap...good for you though.

Thanks for clearing it up the suit thing...you didn't seem like a Jackhole ;)

Gooner, I've always found that retainers depend on the situation and how much work the attorney will have to put in. Good job on protecting yourself!

Back