Pre-Need Or Not???????????

Believe the "rising tide lifts all boats" thing is attributed to JFK...

May have originated with JFK. I'm only old enough to have heard Reagan say it. It's all the same "supply side" or "Keyensian" economic theory.

----------

No. Only minimum wage increased. What are you a gol' darn Republican.

Them's FIGHTN' words!! Calling me a dem would be worse, but it's still bad!:D

I sell pre need and love it! It's a much different client (usually) than your typical FE client and I'm able to offer them EXACTLY what they are looking for, ie. Funeral or Cremation services. They are able to lock in today's prices on a service that they may not need until 15 or 20 years down the road. On average, I make about 10% commission of the total contract amount and our bonus is another 2.5%. In our business, like most other in sales. . . It's all about how many appointments you can do in a week/month that will determine your success. I try to have 2 appts on the books each day (Mon - Fri) and take the weekends off. If you have any questions just let me know.

Is it also a one call close like fe, I would think that for a person to plunk down 10k, you will get lots of think about it & talk to family.

Is it also a one call close like fe, I would think that for a person to plunk down 10k, you will get lots of think about it & talk to family.

It's one call.

Do you think people meet with a bank three times before they put $10,000 in a CD?

Plus not all Preneed is single pays. Mine is probably 75% monthly pay, 25% single pay.

When they walk into the funeral home to talk about it they pretty much have their mind made up to buy.

Kinda like the person driving into the car lot to look at the cars. They have buying on their mind.

When they walk into the funeral home to talk about it they pretty much have their mind made up to buy.

Kinda like the person driving into the car lot to look at the cars. They have buying on their mind.

I would say it's even more of a made up mind .. I sometimes pull into a car lot to look at a car I will never buy based on the miles I put on but walking into a funeral home not even sure if you can test drive a casket.

I would say it's even more of a made up mind .. I sometimes pull into a car lot to look at a car I will never buy based on the miles I put on but walking into a funeral home not even sure if you can test drive a casket.

Believe it or not there actually are a few funeral home groupies.

I sell pre need and love it! It's a much different client (usually) than your typical FE client and I'm able to offer them EXACTLY what they are looking for, ie. Funeral or Cremation services. They are able to lock in today's prices on a service that they may not need until 15 or 20 years down the road. On average, I make about 10% commission of the total contract amount and our bonus is another 2.5%. In our business, like most other in sales. . . It's all about how many appointments you can do in a week/month that will determine your success. I try to have 2 appts on the books each day (Mon - Fri) and take the weekends off.

If you have any questions just let me know.

How do you lock in today's price other than contracting directly with a specific funeral home? In my area the only ones who seem to be doing this with leads is SCI and I read nothing but complaints from their agents about poor comp.

I did just get a look today at Forethoughts policy and like it, but locking in today's prices Im a little uninformed how you bring that about unless your working with a specific funeral home. Can you enlighten me a little bit more?

How do you lock in today's price other than contracting directly with a specific funeral home? In my area the only ones who seem to be doing this with leads is SCI and I read nothing but complaints from their agents about poor comp. I did just get a look today at Forethoughts policy and like it, but locking in today's prices Im a little uninformed how you bring that about unless your working with a specific funeral home. Can you enlighten me a little bit more?

You do sell for the specific funeral home. It's not just a policy. It's a funeral contract with the policy as the funding vehicle to carry out the contract.

Back