Presentation Script or Wing It

Nice job.

I follow a path from Point A to Point B, but the path has enough room to allow me to deviate in such a way that if the prospect throws a curve ball, I can continue to move forward.

That's what I'm thinking about doing, just having a general flow.

I worked 2 captive companies, before going indy and both of them had a script.

My lead cards are generally going to be generated from offering funeral planning and insurance. The company that provides the funeral planning has a script, and then transitions into insurance. Personally I like to talk insurance up front, and then give them the free stuff, so that I can save time. I want to know up front if they just want "free" stuff or have an interest in insurance.
But other agents swear by using a well worded script you will close more sales. Closing is great, but staying on the books is another story. I've seen a lot of great solidifying scripts and stuff still fell off.

So as long as you get from point A to point B are the end results going to differ.
Sometimes I feel it doesn't matter what you say, if they want it/you show them they need it, they'll buy it, and trickery just leads to chargebacks. IMO

Once again not FE specific I have a general path I follow made up of different let's say modules each module I will say essentially the same thing but I have enough leeway that when the client throws a curveball instead of always putting it off till later I can move to that module next and keep going.

My biggest problem is I do reviews with my clients and my lines become part of me so I end up saying them at every review so when someone has been through 10 reviews they sometimes smile when a particular line is one they remember me always going over.

I find that an outline is easier. A conversational interview with few word for word points to keep it focused. I just don't feel comfortable making an entire scripted presentation.

Do you start them off at $200 or lower? Most people feel uneasy starting at $200.

I do start at the 200 most of the time. If they already have a policy that I can replace I get a feel for their premium tolerance while asking about their current coverage. Then I show above that.

I didn't realize I was entering amateur hour. These responses are foolish. Find a manager, go captive, and go on some ride-alongs. If your asking such basic questions your in for humbling SUPRISE.

I didn't realize I was entering amateur hour. These responses are foolish. Find a manager, go captive, and go on some ride-alongs. If your asking such basic questions your in for humbling SUPRISE.

4 posts and you have done a great job trying to belittle everyone. Good job on winning friends and influencing others. :)

Back