• NO FFM APTC -delayed for 6-18 months

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Make Congress rewrite text of the law

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Something else out of left field

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just called my E&O, thank you for pointing that out... I'm good. But I do feel better about calling them and being 100% certain you are once again... incorrect.

Your E&O covers non rated carriers? Who do you use?
Did you ask if they cover Co-Ops or did you ask about non-rated carriers? Co-Ops are covered. But every E&O policy I have ever seen does not cover carriers under a B rating... so why don't you share who this carrier is that is one of the most unique policies on the market.

Why Agencies Need to Pay More Attention to Insurer Insolvency

"The rating requirements are often specific to who the rating company must be and the specific rating scale used. Furthermore, the rating is usually specific down to the plus or minus. Too many producers, CSRs and even agency owners think any “A” or any “B” qualifies, and this is rarely accurate. In some cases, writing with a company rated an A- might not qualify, and rarely does writing with a “B” versus a “B+” qualify using the A.M. Best rating scale."

"Size requirements are common, too. So not only might a carrier have a B+ rating, they may also have to be a size XIII, too. Organizational requirements may be a requirement. For example, some governmental entities without ratings may qualify under some policies."

"The case law, though, is strong that agents must notify insureds if the carrier’s financial stability, judged by their ratings or lack thereof, is a question. Notification is required regardless of the guaranty fund or admitted status."

So who is the E&O carrier that covers a non-rated carrier with less than $50mil in assets?

I left the Pole or Poll open until June 30th

Since the SCOTUS usually saves the most controversial opinions for the last day, if the decision is announced on Thursday or Friday, it will be to let the subsidies Stay as They Are, or to send the ACA back to the (now Republican) Congress for revision.

Otherwise, on Monday they'll announce that according to the wording of the ACA, Subsidies via HC.gov are illegal.

I'll cast my vote on Friday at high Noon. ;)

Why Agencies Need to Pay More Attention to Insurer Insolvency

"The rating requirements are often specific to who the rating company must be and the specific rating scale used. Furthermore, the rating is usually specific down to the plus or minus. Too many producers, CSRs and even agency owners think any “A” or any “B” qualifies, and this is rarely accurate. In some cases, writing with a company rated an A- might not qualify, and rarely does writing with a “B” versus a “B+” qualify using the A.M. Best rating scale."

"Size requirements are common, too. So not only might a carrier have a B+ rating, they may also have to be a size XIII, too. Organizational requirements may be a requirement. For example, some governmental entities without ratings may qualify under some policies."

"The case law, though, is strong that agents must notify insureds if the carrier’s financial stability, judged by their ratings or lack thereof, is a question. Notification is required regardless of the guaranty fund or admitted status."

So who is the E&O carrier that covers a non-rated carrier with less than $50mil in assets?

We are/were talking about a Co-Op, glad to see you agree now they are covered under my E&O. I owe you nothing, you made the claim, you figure it out.

It's in.

Decision of the Fourth Circuit is affirmed in King v. Burwell. 6-3.

Holding: Subsidies are available.

This means that individuals who get their health insurance through an exchange established by the federal government will be eligible for tax subsidies.

Administration wins, to put it another way.
SCOTUSblog

----------

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/14pdf/14-114_qol1.pdf

Chief AND Kennedy vote with majority.

Roberts wrote the opinion for the majority.

NOW...can we please stop attacking it and work on making it better?

Latest posts

Back