Sons of Norway - Exciting News we have added more payment dates for AWP!

Where you writing aps on papyrus back then? ;)
stock-vector-cartoon-caveman-carving-out-a-prehistoric-tablet-155900396.jpg

Possible Mail Delays Beginning May 28th

SonsofNorwayUpdates

Valued Agents,

The Minneapolis area is experiencing delays in mail delivery that began on May 28th. If an application was mailed via USPS with an expected delivery after May 28th, we will be processing those applications as soon as mail resumes. This DOES NOT affect those applications submitted electronically through our e-application engine. If you are unfamiliar with submitting business via e-app, we’ve linked a helpful training video to get you comfortable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause and appreciate your patience.

E-Application Training

Regards,

Sons of Norway Operations

IMPORTANT: Advanced Commission Changes

Valued Agent Partners,

As Sons of Norway continues growing into a premier carrier, we continue to evaluate our path to long-term success. Thanks to each of you, 2021 has brought incredible expansion and sales growth. With these dramatic increases, we have to make some adjustments in the short term to ensure product viability. Beginning September 1, 2021, we will implement a new advanced commission model that will pay a 6-month advance for all life insurance products.

What Does This Mean To Me?
  • This DOES NOT change the total amount you make for a life insurance sale. We are ONLY changing the advance comp to 6 months with the remainder paid “as earned.”
  • This does not impact renewal payments.
  • This absolutely is designed to help protect you from large charge-backs, especially with our Guaranteed Issue Product.
  • Applications issued after August 31st will be under the new compensation model. The payment cycle ending September 15th, distributed on September 20th, will be the first payment to reflect these changes.
  • The "Annualized Commissions Addendum" does not need to be amended; however, for clarity, it will now be referred to as the "Advanced Commissions Addendum."
  • This reduction puts Sons of Norway in a position to continue to offer our full product line-up.
Should you have questions about your specific compensation rates, please see your Agency/Up-line.

We will continue to evaluate, and with the implementation of new technology, fully intend on making substantive changes to our compensation model in 2022.

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding as we make these short-term corrections to ensure our mutual long-term success.

Should you have further questions, please call the Sales Team at 833-707-0012 opt. 2.

Warm Regards,

Your Sons of Norway Insurance Services Team

It's too bad they do not notify you, the agent, if your customer's payment does not go through. I found out after it lapsed. I called and spoke to management, took me about 25 minutes on the phone and being transferred several times, only to be told they don't have the capability to notify the agent?? And I was further told there is no way to re-issue and to just go back out to the customer and do a new app. Great company.

One thing I’m not clear on is whether you get charged back for lapse on a GI. Is it the same as a first or second year death claim?

Back