The Final Expense Market: Overview and Demographics

Forgot about "her" again didn't you? :1biggrin: (can't remember her name but think she is in Chicago)

No, I didn't forget, but she will tell you that most of her clients are welfare people. Most don't even have bank accounts. She takes them to the bank to open an account. She has a deal with a bank there in Chicago that gives her a signing bonus for every account she helps someone open.

What's amazing about that is her persistancy with that type of business. She was the number one producer for RNA in 2011 and also the highest persistancy.

I used to help people open an account, but all that business fell off, so I stopped doing it. Part of her appeal though is that she is of the neighborhoods she works. She works, she lives there, she goes to church with her clients. She is the "insurance lady" for those neighborhoods.

Special situation. Surely not a business model than just anyone could copy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rocking chair on the porch is required by law in TN isn't it.? ha In KY it's a couch. haha

Couch and a refrigerator. Not an extra refrigerator, the only refrigerator for the home.:D:D

Last edited:
I have a unique business model too.

Every Tuesday and Thursday I hide in JD's bushes with roller skates on.

When he pulls down his driveway I grab on his rear bumper and stick with him all day.

Then the next day I go back and replace them with SL super prefered.

I have a unique business model too.

Every Tuesday and Thursday I hide in JD's bushes with roller skates on.

When he pulls down his driveway I grab on his rear bumper and stick with him all day.

Then the next day I go back and replace them with SL super prefered.

Man! That is what I call having a plan to work and working your plan! :yes::D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Originally Posted by mustfastpitch
The rocking chair on the porch is required by law in TN isn't it.? ha In KY it's a couch. haha
Couch and a refrigerator. Not an extra refrigerator, the only refrigerator for the home.:D:D

These were poor TN folks.. They couldn't afford the obligatory Redbone hound. :no:

Last edited:
Where do jdeast, rousemark, newby and and all those other 1000 post people find the time to continually post on this forum. Seemingly they are all super successful at what they do selling tons of FE policies and yet find the time to almost live on these forums. I'm jealous that they can be so successful and still have all this time to continuously share their knowledge with us. I am humbled!

Where do jdeast, rousemark, newby and and all those other 1000 post people find the time to continually post on this forum. Seemingly they are all super successful at what they do selling tons of FE policies and yet find the time to almost live on these forums. I'm jealous that they can be so successful and still have all this time to continuously share their knowledge with us. I am humbled!

While I appreciate your putting me in that company, I don't belong. I have never produced the numbers that JD, Newby and some of the others produce. I have managed to survive in the business for many years. I am now an old guy, semi-retired, drawing SS. I minister full time, deal in antiques and sell insurance whenever the mood strikes me. I have my work week cut back to about 65 -70 hours per week. That leaves plenty of time to post a couple of times per day on the forum.

I run all my appointments between midnight and 5:30am so I can keep my days open for important forum posting.

They have assistants that post for them. After all, it doesn't take a lot to add pertinent information to some of these topics.
Just go reread some of the back and forth about reading underwriting guidelines and having a weekend IMO and you will see what I mean.

Last edited:

I have posted an average of a little less than 3 times per day since I have been a meber here.

How much time does that take? Plus, I'm usually only in the field two days a week, so that gives me time to be in front of the computer. It does take away from my appointment setting time sometimes to play on here. You don't see much posting by me on Tues and Thurs unless it's in the evening.

But, I do try to reply to questions because this forum has been so good for me and my business. I met Newby through this forum even though we only live about 40 miles apart. I met travis through this forum and I met Frank Statsny through this forum. All of those people have made me a better agent now than I was when I got here.

That's not even counting the friendships made here. So, if the implication is that people can't be successful and also post here often, that's just a wrong way of thinking. I'm sure there are some posers here, but I know without a doubt that Newby, Travis, Frank and many others are very, very succusful and I'm glad they took the time to be members here and I owe them a great deal because they did take the time.

Read the stories of the Legends in the business that are life MDRT and Top of the Table members.. Not only do they outproduce the average agent many times over, they are the ones that have donated more of their time helping other agents and promoting the business than anyone else. it seems the two go hand in hand.

Back