The Return of 48 Hour SOA

Personally, I think that CMS needs to be smarter with its enforcement budget.

Organized call centers as TPO's instead of all agents and regulate them appropriately.

With the rather shit commissions here in MI, except for limited carriers that aren't always a great option, Medigap only is a hard road to run.

I wasn't throwing up huge numbers or anything, so I'm considering what I'm going to do. FFS, digital assets have less regulations and more scams with losses in the billions, but recording a call and not being able to do same day appointments is totally more important.

The companies love the call centers. They will never turn their lap dog, (CMS), on the call centers.

See the entire document here https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2022-12-27/pdf/2022-26956.pdf and download it. Search for SOA. Page 73 and 80 have interesting information. I agree no sales events following Educational events but no SOA's at educational events again, REALLY? Taking a step back to 2008 MIPPA rules. How many beneficiaries are enrolled in MA plans now compared to 2008. 8.2 million to 31 million. Advertising is everywhere now and in 2008 most thought MA was a scam.
Beneficiaries know about MA plans and mostly how they operate. Draconian rules just to make rules. It might slow the call centers down but will punish the independent agent. Pg 80 -Taking off the "When practicable" No SOA's after December 5th because you won't be able to meet the 48 hr rule. Complete and utter stupidity.
Search for PECL. Adding information to the pre-enrollment checklist that is on the application. Enforce the current rules against the current bad players and let the rest of us just do our jobs.

If they take off “ the when practical “ how will phone centers do same day enrollments ? If your using an E-App you can’t do same day either . It’s going to be super cumbersome ,l

Federal register here
Page 84: Therefore, we are proposing to modify §§ 422.2274(g)(2)(ii) and 423.2274(g)(2)(ii) to limit the calls that must be recorded to the complete duration of marketing, sales, and enrollment calls.

Exactly what I stated. All calls in the sales cycle and not Customer service or other products not related to CMS over seen product guidelines..

Exactly what I stated. All calls in the sales cycle and not Customer service or other products not related to CMS over seen product guidelines..

Regardless, as an agent it's with in your best interest to record all calls. Great CYA. Before I begin any call I advise I am recording the call and I do have your permission....correct? Yes, then I continue. Anyone who refuses is doing something shady and I want no part of it.

Federal register here
Page 84: Therefore, we are proposing to modify §§ 422.2274(g)(2)(ii) and 423.2274(g)(2)(ii) to limit the calls that must be recorded to the complete duration of marketing, sales, and enrollment calls.

Is the marketing call considered the appt setting ? I’ve read several times the appointment setting call won’t need to be recorded .

Is the marketing call considered the appt setting ? I’ve read several times the appointment setting call won’t need to be recorded .

By definition the marketing call is the appointment setting.

"Appointment setters play a key part in the sales and marketing team. They keep the sales pipeline flowing smoothly. By calling prospects, analyzing and qualifying leads, and setting appointments for sales reps, their contribution to closing sales is monumental."

Back