Williamson Texas

That's too many rules for me lol

No kidding! I've had some great barbeque in my lifetime, but no of it has come close to being good enough for this crap! As a matter of fact, I can't think of anything to eat that is good enough to jump through all these hoops and stand in line for 3 frickin' hours!

No kidding! I've had some great barbeque in my lifetime, but no of it has come close to being good enough for this crap! As a matter of fact, I can't think of anything to eat that is good enough to jump through all these hoops and stand in line for 3 frickin' hours!

Amazing isn't it. I would like to try it sometime but three hours????? Here is more on Franklins:

With the encouragement of friends, Aaron and his wife Stacy debuted Franklin BBQ in late 2009 on an East Austin parking lot. From the walk-up window of a travel trailer turned brisket stand, patrons quickly noticed the Franklins were selling the best barbecue around. By spring, the line of admirers snaked around the block, and the press followed. In less than two years, the duo could count contributors from The Washington Post, Texas Monthly, and Cooking Channel among a growing chorus hailing Franklin among America’s BBQ elite—mentioned in the breath as Smitty’s, Kreuz’s, and other stalwart temples to the holy craft of smoked meat that line the Central Texas brisket belt. In the summer of 2010, Bon Appetit hailed Franklin BBQ as the best in America.

Aaron and Stacy quickly outgrew their trailer, and moved their operation to a brick and mortar location in March of 2011. And despite the new digs and every reasonable effort to increase production, Franklin BBQ’s line is as long as ever, and the restaurant has sold out of brisket every day of its existence.

I'll vouch..it's worth the wait. Just make sure you BYOB. You meet some damn interesting people in line and they can give you great insight into the city.

It must be good stuff. Read this from their website:

We are now full for April and May.

We will start taking orders for June on May 5th.

we are unable to make exceptions.

Preorders are very popular and book up quickly.

Please do not forget to include your phone number.

(due to the popularity of preorders, it is entirely possible that you may send in your order soon after midnight (central time),

and we may already be full for the date you would like. ***If you are flexible, you may give us a few different dates that you are open to. )

Orders sent before midnight central time will be rejected.

Pre-ordering information.

We accept orders on either whole briskets, whole pork butts, or whole racks of ribs. These will be whole and unsliced.

We also accept orders for meat by the pound, with a minimum of 5 pounds total. These will be sliced.

We are unable to wrap different increments of meat separately.

(example of an acceptable order: 3 pounds brisket, 2 pounds ribs, pint potato salad.)

Sides may be added in pints, quarts, or trays (25.00).

In order to skip the line, preorders may only be picked up between 10:15 am and 10:35am.

If you are unable to come during this time, you must wait in line. We are unable to make exceptions.

No plates and no sandwiches. To go only.

Forgot the other rules: It's very important not to embellish on your order. No extraneous comments. No questions. No compliments. Or...

NO BRISKET FOR YOU! NEXT!

At a certain point, the food doesn't even have to be good. Now it is just has a certain je ne sais quoi. You stood in line for 3 hours and were lucky enough to get some BBQ from there. You can tell your friends, and you'll ignore that it really wasn't all that special.

If you have the time, about 75-80 miles south of Austin are the underground Natural Bridge Caverns.

Back