Fraternal Benefits

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
NFL was asking in another thread if RNA's benefits were better than Foresters'.

I have written some of both. I mention that there are some benefits but I do not sell them. Honestly I do not even know what they are. Nor have the certificate owners that I have replaced.

My question: What benefits do you sell? And what have you seen the majority of the certificate holders use? Are these benefits worth any extra premium or of enough value to replace an old policy for? Also, between RNA and Foresters who do you think has the stronger benefits.

Thanks,

Lee

This was part of a discussion about those benefits;

RNA - discounts on dental, vision, scripts, hearing aids, etc. I would use these and Medicare does not cover dental, vision or hearing aids. Competitive pricing and usable benefits while living - good combination in my opinion.
Foresters- nothing I would use.

And those benefits are for the whole family, not just the policy holder.

I have many clients that use the eyeglass discounts to get 45% off glasses. Also many use the dental. I had client tell me he saved $600 on a bridge with the card.

Also the Fraternal Aid. I have had many use that including myself. They sent me and my wife $250 each due to the ice storm of 2009. Every client in this county that submitted the paperwork got $250. I just helped a lady in Evansville get the $250 because a tree limb fell across her garage. Insurance paid for the damage but RNA sent her the $250 anyway.

I had another client get a $2000 nation of Neighbors grant.

Foresters offers nothing like this. In fact, when I've had clients try to use the legal aid with Foresters they got so frustrated they just about cancelled the policies. The only decent benefit they had was the critical illness and now it's gone away. They never would say anyway if it was an accelerated benefit or not.

This was part of a discussion about those benefits;

RNA - discounts on dental, vision, scripts, hearing aids, etc. I would use these and Medicare does not cover dental, vision or hearing aids. Competitive pricing and usable benefits while living - good combination in my opinion.
Foresters- nothing I would use.

And those benefits are for the whole family, not just the policy holder.

I have many clients that use the eyeglass discounts to get 45% off glasses. Also many use the dental. I had client tell me he saved $600 on a bridge with the card.

Also the Fraternal Aid. I have had many use that including myself. They sent me and my wife $250 each due to the ice storm of 2009. Every client in this county that submitted the paperwork got $250. I just helped a lady in Evansville get the $250 because a tree limb fell across her garage. Insurance paid for the damage but RNA sent her the $250 anyway.

I had another client get a $2000 nation of Neighbors grant.

Foresters offers nothing like this. In fact, when I've had clients try to use the legal aid with Foresters they got so frustrated they just about cancelled the policies. The only decent benefit they had was the critical illness and now it's gone away. They never would say anyway if it was an accelerated benefit or not.

Thanks.

I think they sent me a card as an agent also.

NFL was asking in another thread if RNA's benefits were better than Foresters'.

I have written some of both. I mention that there are some benefits but I do not sell them. Honestly I do not even know what they are. Nor have the certificate owners that I have replaced.

My question: What benefits do you sell? And what have you seen the majority of the certificate holders use? Are these benefits worth any extra premium or of enough value to replace an old policy for? Also, between RNA and Foresters who do you think has the stronger benefits.

Thanks,

Lee

In the case of offering a policy to someone who has no policy, there is no extra premium. Besides the benefits listed, RNA is usually the best priced policy & if it isnt, its only by a $1 or $2.

The only 2 times RNA clearly isnt the best for me is male smokers (Americo) & anyone over 77yrs old (Monu)!

In my exp, the benefits dont sell it, but sometimes they make it easier &/or push them over the edge to go ahead and do it, esp if I show them my card & say Im insured with them!

In the case of offering a policy to someone who has no policy, there is no extra premium. Besides the benefits listed, RNA is usually the best priced policy & if it isnt, its only by a $1 or $2.

The only 2 times RNA clearly isnt the best for me is male smokers (Americo) & anyone over 77yrs old (Monu)!

In my exp, the benefits dont sell it, but sometimes they make it easier &/or push them over the edge to go ahead and do it, esp if I show them my card & say Im insured with them!

Thank you.

By extra premium I meant if company A is $50 and RNA is $56. are the benefits worth the difference? You are correct they seem to be close to a couple other companies.

Thank you.

I think only a small majority of certificate holders actually use the benefits. So said RNA in their quarterly magazine.

I'd take grandchild convertible coverage included with the policy, and quick claim pay any day all day over the RNA sizzle.

I think only a small majority of certificate holders actually use the benefits. So said RNA in their quarterly magazine.

I'd take grandchild convertible coverage included with the policy, and quick claim pay any day all day over the RNA sizzle.

Forethought?

Almost -- FT has 1st to die coverage. But that's an easy concern to overcome.

I would LOVE a product priced like FE... without a POS... with G'kid coverage (even something like convertible term like we discussed, Lee), without a Rx check...

Like FT, 5-Star, and AmAm G'kid coverage, packaged into one ultimate FE product..

Back